Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 19

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Working fine for me

2. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

It's been pretty ropey for me most of today. Randomly unable to play songs, then deciding it can. Having a bad day i guess.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

This new update is fucking awful

tyramail likes this.
  4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

The new updates the last 6 months or so have been terrible. And I’ve had issues with the app every time they’ve updated, like pages not loading. It’s getting irritating to the point where I might actually switch to AM, despite how much I don’t want to go through the hassle.

5. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I’ve used both Spotify and Apple Music for the past 3 years (Mobile provider pays Spotify) and I’ve enjoyed both for different reasons but Spotify seems to be getting worse as AM slowly improves. I find myself rarely going on to Spotify these days besides the occasional week where my Release Radar is really good. The new update bring playlists and podcasts to the forefront even more just isn’t for me. Certainly not the service for somebody that’s particular about their music library!

The daily mixes remain pretty great to throw on when I want a mix though!

tyramail likes this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I have Premium for free, so I'm not trying to pay for something else but yeesh. Even something as small as removing the alphabet sidebar in albums is such a baffling decision with literally no upside. It's like they're deliberately making things harder

tyramail likes this.
  7. Jared Luttrell

Regular

This new Spotify update is absolutely terrible. It took any artist who I don't "follow" but I've saved songs and albums from and removed them from my Artist list in the library and combined them all at the very bottom of the list. The worst part is they aren't even in alphabetical order. This has totally thrown my library into disarray. This is ridiculous, they expect you to "follow" every single artist for every song you've ever saved. My artist list is just bands I have followed now so there's like 40 artists out of the hundreds I have save music for over the years. At least visiting the Spotify sub reddit has shown I'm not alone in my discontent with it.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I honestly haven’t seen any change on my mobil version.

9. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Holy shit i'm just now seeing this, it's so so so bad. It's like they're actively trying to get people to jump ship from their product. This might be what finally makes me switch to Apple Music

Jared Luttrell likes this.
  10. PauLo

43% Burnt

It’s not that bad. Like all changes on apps like this, people will bitch and moan for a week and then everyone will forget what the changes even were.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Literally every change they made is anti user and inconvenient at best. Sure, it’s not gona be their undoing and they probably won’t fix anything but it’s truly a huge step backwards

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

WTF NOW IM SEEING THE UPDATE! I hate this. I loved my recently played albums always being in the main “my library” area I hate that it’s gone now. I have to go to the home page, and it’s in a new format I don’t like.....

13. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I think almost everything about the way Spotify works (as in UI and so on) is pretty bad and always has been, so I think updates that tweak things here and there make people mad purely because they have gotten used to how it was before the tweak. They really should nuke the whole thing and start over.

Tidal does a lot of things better in terms of UI, but my cable company pays for my Spotify so here we are.

14. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I usually Save all of my albums and then shuffle my Saved songs, but now I can only shuffle Liked songs? And saving an album now doesn't Like the songs? What is the point of saving albums then? Do I have go to through and Like each song on all of my Saved albums now? And now there is no order to all of the playlists?

Absolute trash heap dumpster fire

15. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Saved songs is just called liked songs now I think?

I'm looking through mine now, and it's all the albums I've saved recently

coleslawed likes this.
  16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

This one is terrible. Just like @Jared Luttrell stated, my library is a complete mess now. The "artist" section is completely out of whack.

17. Jared Luttrell

Regular

They seriously expect me to go and "follow" hundreds of artists in order to have them included in my normal artist library. It's ridiculous.

18. PauLo

43% Burnt

I’ve only ever followed artists, I thought that’s what everyone did

coleslawed likes this.
  19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I just download albums. Never liked or followed an artist

20. PauLo

43% Burnt

I guess it must be a pain for those that download and listen offline. I was lucky enough to get a decent phone plan, so I got plenty of data to stream it directly.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I never download.

Update is warming up to me, but I just don’t get why they moved the way my recently played is set up on My Library page....

22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I get a recently played section on the main page

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It’s not in a scroll down area on my library page how I prefer

24. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, I’m a little annoyed I can’t edit my recent played now.

Cameron likes this.
  25. I Am Mick Jun 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2019)
    I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Is anybody having Spotify play the wrong songs? I'm listening to Ben Folds - The Best Imitation of Myself and "Song For The Dumped (demo 1994)" is playing "Underground" instead. That's never happened before this update, but could also be an honest mistake.

(Edit) it’s fixed? Either a weird glitch (I played other songs and went back and it was still wrong, so that’s weird) or one of y’all work for Spotify, in that case give us back the alphabetic scrolling you CHUDs.

Cameron likes this.