Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 17

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. you vandal

Regular

The new Now Playing screen is so frickin ugly.

Mr. Serotonin and tyramail like this.
  2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I don’t like the new “queue” either. This last update was just a horrendous fail in my opinion.

3. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Everything was fine before so idk why they needed to make this change. Also kinda annoying you have to tap the "..." to get to the repeat button now. The new queue set up is trash too.

tyramail and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  4. PauLo

43% Burnt

I prefer the new now playing screen.

Let’s by honest though, no one will remember what the old one looked like in about a weeks time

5. Have anyone else's friends mysteriously disappeared from the friend activity list on mac?

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I hate that they removed the alphabet from the side of your saved artists. Used to be able to click on a letter to automatically go to that section of your saved artists. Now its gone and you gotta scroll. First world problems - I know.

t_papaccio likes this.
  7. jorbjorb

7 rings

I wish they had that feature in carplay.

SlappinCups and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  8. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

stars143 likes this.
  10. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Noticing now that my saved albums are including all songs even if I purposely didn't save one of the songs (I do this often when a band re-releases a song from an EP or something so I only save the song once). I realize this is not really a big deal lol it's just annoying not having that control over my own library

11. PauLo

43% Burnt

They’ve removed the album length on the album page and it’s reeeeeeaaaaaaally annoying me

coleslawed likes this.
  12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Every single update they’ve made in the past few months has been garbage.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah not liking these changes. Although in good news they’ve added some old albums that weren’t on there before I noticed

14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

yeah, don’t like how saved music is now “liked” albums/songs. I’m usually saving it to listen later and don’t know if I like it yet, lol.

Jdaniels likes this.
  15. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I decided to play around with Spotify after years of Apple Music. I pretty much hate it. The interface is terribad and the song quality is so much worse.

The only thing I like are the playlists, which seem way more intuitive and provide much better recommendations.

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I have no problems with the sound quality

Max_123 likes this.
  17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah I think the sound quality is fine. It's all the recent updates that suuuuck

Max_123 likes this.
  18. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

A lot of people don’t realise that audio normalisation is on by default in Spotify, which makes everything sound quiter than Apple Music. I thought there was a big difference between the two for a while. Turned that setting off and I can barely tell the difference.

Recent updates are bizarre though. It certainly isn’t user friendly to anybody who wants to curate a collection of music.

Having to save everything to your library that you download for offline listening also baffles me. I don’t necessarily want everything that I download to listen to offline saved to my collection.

earthlight likes this.
  19. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Yeah this was a huge game changer. I also have unlimited data so I stream everything at maximum kbps

20. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm uncultured swine and never noticed any issues with Spotify and audio. I do think Apple music looked prettier lol but slightly less intuitive to me but maybe that's cause I'm used to Spotify. Apple music also refused to work on my phone but I have a different phone now so hopefully it would work, but I have a Spotify family plan I pay for and my family would prob riot if I switched to apple lol

coleslawed and callumnmacleod like this.
  21. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I'm a big Apple fanboy but I actually really dislike the layout of Apple Music

22. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I like apple music for the voice functionality when I'm driving and using carplay but otherwise I stick with spotify (even with the shitty changes they're making recently). If apple ever allows access to siri on spotify I'll drop apple music for sure. Also AM needs a night/dark layout ffs.

23. jorbjorb

7 rings

dang I just turned this off. Thanks

SlappinCups likes this.
  24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg the Spotify voice feature destroys me with how bad it is. It's so wrong all the time it's like a game on which song will come up lmao

jorbjorb likes this.
  25. duritzfan13

all we have is time

What's up with the new desktop interface? I have to click a button just to get to the search bar now?

How does that make it easier for anybody...