Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 15

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It doesn't explain why I can hit shuffle on an artist and get the same 15 or so songs repeatedly

Jdaniels and coleslawed like this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I think part of the problem might be connectivity. The app seems to have a hard time staying connected to the internet for some reason. I'll be streaming and go to search for something else and I get the "no offline results" message even though I have full bars and no trouble with any other apps.

Jdaniels likes this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Yeah this is my biggest issue with Spotify. It does this to me all the time even tho I have premium and I'll be in an area with service. I have to close out the app to get it to work again and even then sometimes it takes a few tries.

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Spotify really is a shitshow tbh lol

5. Ferrari333SP Aug 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 20, 2018)
    Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm amazed at how consistently shit the Discover Weekly playlist is for me every week; I assume it would know my listening tastes by now, considering I've been using Spotify for like 6-7 years

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

My discover weekly is :fire:

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm more about that Release Radar, giving me new songs from artists I already follow

Jdaniels and coleslawed like this.
  8. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Not sure if i'm extremely late to this, but it looks like Spotify FINALLY stopped classifying EP's as singles and are now albums

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Whaaaat!?

10. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Thats weird, mine still shows EPs as singles

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

for me it depends on the EP

12. PauLo

43% Burnt

Surely it depends on how the person that uploads it classifies it as?

13. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Question; Ive been using spotify premium since the winter and love it. I recently just got a new high end stereo set up. Im thinking about switching from Spotify to Hi Fi Tidal. Anyone make the switch and notice a different? I've read completely different stories. Some say its night and day, others say not much of a difference. Tidal will send up costing me $5 more monthly and trying to figure out if its worth it. Does Tidal also get new releases same day? I hear the interface sucks. I personally dont care about downloading others playlists and stuff off Spotify. I have my own music to listen to. I dont do much exploring in my old age of 34 lol. Thanks guys!

14. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I haven’t used it so I can’t judge, but I do wonder how many people who supposedly can’t notice the difference just don’t have the correct audio equipment to notice it...

But they do have a free trial, just go ahead and try that and see if you like it?

NJPunkMusic and Jdaniels like this.
  15. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

16. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I don't know if any of you guyz n galz listen to podcasts on Spotify but literally every time i do they pause after 65 minutes no matter what. I only use the free version and can't see any settings that talk about auto stop or whatever. Anyone know what's up?

17. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Am I late to this update or did they just recently update the bottom “home, browse, search...” bar to only “home, search, your library”? Is the browse option gone now? I used that every Friday for new releases, but I’m not digging this new layout.

18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

The new releases (and everything else that was under the browse tab) is now under search.

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah, it switched over about 2 weeks ago. Hated it at first but its grown on me.

20. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Okay, thanks! Apparently I’m just blind haha. Hopefully it’ll grow on me too.

SEANoftheDEAD and ChiliTacos like this.
  21. ncarrab Nov 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 16, 2018)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Has anyone's Albums or Artists under Your Library disappear...then reappear?

I originally downloaded Spotify on my iPhone6S then got the iPhone 8s earlier this summer so I have it on both phones, but I use my iPhone6s strictly in my car hooked up to my stereo. For months, it was working fine, and then all of a sudden yesterday, my iPhone6s' Spotify only had two albums saved and three artists saved (but all the songs were still in the Songs tab - so they were there, just not appearing under albums or artists anymore). I tried restarting my phone and that did not work. I checked several times for a few hours and it was like this. Then I got home and all of a sudden, everything reappeared again. The issue never occurred on my iPhone8s.

Anyone know what would have caused this?

EDIT: It happened again today. It appears when I leave a Wi-Fi area, all of a sudden my library disappears, despite it being saved. It's never done this before yesterday. Isn't that the point of saving/downloading albums?

DOUBLE EDIT: Not sure if it's even a Wi-Fi issue, because I can still turn my iPhone6s' wi-fi off and library will still appear. So this just seems random when it disappears.

22. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

My little brother wants me to get him Spotify and I already pay the same price as a family plan (I have a student plan and then my wife has premium). I'll lose Hulu which isn't that big of a deal, but will we lose our curated libraries and have to start over if we switch to a family plan? Cause that's an automatic deal breaker

23. Kiana

When you sign up for the family account it allows you to send out invites to whoever you want up to the limit. Then they just have to follow the invite link to upgrade their account and they don't lose any Playlists or anything. It's pretty easy and seamless. If they don't have an account already they just have to create a free one and then upgrade it thru the link u send, otherwise it just upgrades the existing accounts

mercury and coleslawed like this.
  24. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Even if we're already premium subscribers it won't change any of our stuff?

25. Kiana

It shouldn't. Mine upgraded from premium to family without issue. So did my sisters I believe. At least she didn't complain to me that it screwed anything up lol