Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 14

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Awesome thank you! Im definitely gonna jump on that now

2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Checked out Lord Hurons new album this morning. When streaming on my phone, each song has a different visual video that plays throughout the whole song - kinda like videos you'd see at a festival. Never saw it before but thought it was awesome.

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Lately (last week or two) Spotiy has been doing this weird distortion of songs when I’m listening through an album. It’s not all the time or super consistent but really annoying when it does happen. Anybody else have this issue?

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Lmao at drake being on the cover of like every spotify playlist rn. I dont even follow him or listen to him and they gave me the popup to listen to his album. Coming off thirsty af spotify!

Mr. Serotonin and coleslawed like this.
  5. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Spotify has been so frustrating lately. When I open it on my Macbook Pro it takes like ten minutes to load, and when it gets to a commercial (yeah I know I should just pay for premium) about a third of the time it will get stuck and not play music again for like half an hour. I'm not sure if it's Spotify or because my Macbook has been slowing down in general.

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I don't follow Drake either, but he's also #1 in the world on spotify, so i get it.

7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

give reinstalling the app a try. if that doesn't seem to fix it, I'd guess it's more on the computer than the app :shrug:

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. GoingInDry

Hit a lick

I like many different genres and I was wondering do you guys make playlist for the different ones you listen to or just group them all together?

9. Mr. Serotonin

I do both

10. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Both for sure, one of the few things I miss about controlling my ID3 in iTunes, being able to sort and play things by genre

11. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I really wish there was a way to sort albums by release year. Would make it so much easier to keep track of new albums as they come out. OR something like lists so I can compile all the albums I have/haven't listened to yet this year. Having a "2018 albums" playlist is messy as hell and hard to search through to find stuff I added but haven't played yet.

The Lucky Moose and skogsraet like this.
  12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

That would be a great feature, being able to sort your saved playlists/artists/albums. Hopefully we get something like that!

mattav152 likes this.
  13. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’m not going to switch permanently because my cable company pays for my Spotify, but I got six months of free Tidal and I like its UI etc. A LOT more than Spotify’s

14. stars143

Trusted

15. Mr. Serotonin

coleslawed likes this.
  16. The Lucky Moose

Yeah haha, I hope that when I move I can somehow move my contract

17. Kiana

Does Spotify have an algorithm for shuffle? I often just use the My Songs thing and add a bunch of songs I'm into at the moment and then put it on shuffle. I switch the songs out for different ones every once in a while and I'm doing that today and there are songs I didn't even realize I had in there cause they never play, while it seems like certain songs come up often

18. The Lucky Moose

I’m pretty sure the shuffle goes through all songs on a list if you keep it going. As far as the pattern goes, I think there are several different ones it goes through, but not an “endless” amount or anything. I might be wrong about that last part but that’s what it feels like to me.

19. Kiana

I mean more like when I stop and resume it. The Playlist is long so I rarely let it go all the way thru. I'll play it and then close out the app when I'm done getting ready and restart the shuffle when I listen to it again. Or my sister also uses my Spotify so sometimes I have to start the shuffle over cause she's been listening to something, and it just seems like some songs always come up every time I put the Playlist on and others feel like they never played but maybe it's coincidence

Jdaniels likes this.
  20. The Lucky Moose

Based on my experience of compulsively pressing the skip button, I’m pretty all songs will play eventually and none are repeated before that. However, if you close the app, the shuffle pattern might change once you open it again, rather than continuing as before, which would explain repeats.

21. Kiana

Yeah I mean I definitely don't expect it to resume where I left off. I expect repeats. More like how come every time I reshuffle it Delicate by Taylor Swift plays like literally every single cycle I listen, but like Pipe by xtina never comes up on any of those shuffle cycles. Im sure it's just randomized coincidence but I swear there are songs that will consistently play more than others every time lol.

22. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I don't know if it's the same for saved tracks (I rarely save anything, I just stream albums in full) or playlists, but hitting shuffle on an artist is really bad. I put Motion City Soundtrack on shuffle last week and there were probably only like 15 total songs that came up. About half of them were from the same album.

23. The Lucky Moose

Ah now I see what you mean. Yeah the patterns are probably baded on data about you so all of them tend to be front loaded with what they think you’d want to hear first.

Jdaniels likes this.
  24. Jdaniels

Regular

Next time you restart your playing, scroll down to the last song you remember or one you like the next 2or 3. It'll put you further into your playlist and progress from there. Only solution ive found to that.

25. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

Spotify Labs: How To Shuffle?

tldr; spotify's shuffle is not random and is instead based on spreading artists out over even intervals. that article is a few years old now so i'd think it's been updated since, but from my shuffling on spotify it seems like that's still the general idea