Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 13

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Jdaniels and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New layout on Playstation is fucking slick.

3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Gotta check this out, I HATED the old one to the point where I just stopped using it.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think it still has a lot that can be fixed, but it looks awesome. I mostly use my laptop and just broadcast it to the playstation. Its just easier to work.

5. redwing91007

My biggest gripe, it doesn't scrobble. I don't really have a need to run it off my PS4 unless I'm gaming (which doesn't happen much).

Drewski likes this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Here's a question: At about 12:15 a.m. I downloaded the new Prhyme 2 album. Turned my Spotify to offline this morning and listened to the first few songs while driving to work. I noticed I accidentally downloaded the clean version. So when I got into my office, I went to go 'undownload' the album and it was gone. It was no longer under my downloaded albums.

Any ideas how that happened or why?

7. redwing91007

Spotify reads minds.

Jdaniels likes this.
  8. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I've had spotify for like 4-5 years and its been like 3 years or more since I've gotten any sort of push notifications or anything whenever an artist I follow adds a new album or song.

Jdaniels likes this.
  9. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

So dumb, this is such a basic feature and should be easily fixable

mattav152 likes this.
  10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Amazing how consistently trash the New Music Friday playlist is every week

jorbjorb likes this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Why is it all of a sudden not letting me click on Artists profile pics, and scroll through their pics?

12. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, should be an easy feature - I use Recordbird - pretty much does this and you can even link it to your Spotify or Apple Music account

jorbjorb and mattav152 like this.
  13. jorbjorb

7 rings

This app is amazing. Thanks!

14. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I seem to enjoy the generated playlists most when i'm just settling into a new wave of bands from a certain genre I'm enjoying. After a few weeks it gets stale and I have to push the envelope and challenge my tastes.

15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

anyone use Spotify on a samsung gear 3s watch? does it work good over wifi?

16. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Okay when the heck did they add "Folders" to the desktop application? This will make organization so much amazing. If you weren't aware of it (like myself), USE IT!

17. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

fun fact: folders have been in desktop spotify for years, but they're not a well-advertised feature at all!

i found this out a couple years ago from a coworker, and my reaction was the exact same as yours haha

crunchprank likes this.
  18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My sister uses my spotify sometimes and it used to always let us know when the other was on so we didn't kick each other off, but now its like 50/50 whether it will so we keep accidentally kicking each other off. My other sister said it's been like that with her and her husband too. It's annoying enough I'm considering the family plan but I feel like that's what spotify wants!!

19. redwing91007

Well I'll be damned, just organized everything and I'm very pleased haha

crunchprank and coleslawed like this.
  20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Does anyone know how this works if you currently have both? Can I cancel my Hulu subscription and then upgrade to this $12.99 plan or is it only eligible for new hulu/Spotify subscribers?

mercury and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  21. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I think this version of Hulu is the version with commercials :cringe:

22. I got this email from Spotify this morning:

“Want a good reason to celebrate? Now you can enjoy a world of TV and movies from Hulu for less – just because you’re Premium.
    Get 3 months of Hulu for 99¢, then pay just $12.99 a month for both apps. Groovy.”

I’d imagine you could just cancel your current Hulu account and then do this through Spotify instead. I’ll look into shortly when I get to a computer

coleslawed likes this.
  23. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

looks like it’s available for current Spotify Premium subscribers, whether or not you’re a current hulu subscriber.

this was enough to get me back on Hulu, though!

manoverboard365 likes this.
  24. Not sure if you still need help with this, but it ended up being very easy. I just followed the prompts from the original email that Spotify sent. You log in to spotify to claim the deal, and then it directs to you to log in to Hulu and switch your billing over to the Spotify bundle. The whole thing took about 90 seconds.