Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 12

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

@kaylasananjou yeah that's been happening to me. It's annoying but I haven't spent the time to research any solutions or report a bug to them or anything like that. I don't listen to music as I fall asleep so for me I just have to hit stop after I get back to the beginning of the cd and it's not really a big deal. I've also just gotten into the habit of when I start listening to check to see if it's looped or not.

2. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

So does following an artist work for anyone? For example, i'm following Pale Waves and today they released their new EP. I'm under the impression I should have received a push notification or something for this right? It doesn't seem to work for other artists i'm following who release new music either

3. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

It will alert me of the new stuff once I open the app. It's like a pop-up that tells me a new album is available by an artist I follow.

4. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Smh I don't even get that

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Does it automatically have u follow artists when u add their songs or how does it work? Cause it says I follow Taylor swift and I did not click any specific button to follow her that I recall.

6. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I believe you have to specifically hit the follow button

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Interesting. I am also followed by a Taylor fan Twitter and I don't ever think I've even tweeted about her so the tayspiracy continues!

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm consistently annoyed that Spotify categories EPs as singles instead of albums

9. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

That irritates me a disproportionate amount too...

10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

That was really fuckin' annoying when we put emerson's stuff on Spotify/ITunes. It just kinda buries the EP and makes it easier for people to miss it.

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Spotify newb here and currently in my 3 month trial membership for $1. It runs out this month and im not sure its worth $10 monthly for no commercials. Between xbox game pass, moviepass, Sirius XM, Netflix, and other monthly bills just seems too much My question is; if I chose not to renew do they send you other promos in the future to get you back on board? I know Gamefly offers 1 month for $1 if you are about to cancel.

12. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

They also categorise a lot of singles as albums though

13. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

They officially filed for their IPO today, pretty big news.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Still amazed at how little tracks I like from their Discover Weekly playlists every week; I've been using the service for like 6 years now, and I still just about never hear a single track I like on that playlist, even though it's supposedly tailored to my interests

mercury likes this.
  15. Mr. Serotonin

Wow I like almost all of mine. I’ve found so many new artists that way

16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I doesn't make sense; I would assume they're based on tracks I save/add to playlists, how long I listen to them, what tracks I skip and don't skip, etc.

17. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I had a Spotify customer service person today tell me I needed to provide my phone number in order to receive push notifications for new music so there's that

elemenohpe likes this.
  18. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Ohhhhhh... I wondered why they all of a sudden stopped notifying me about new releases for artists I follow. I just assumed that I was following tooooooo many.

19. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Spotify has been fucking up for me lately. The UI's been lagging hardcore, startup time for it is way longer than it used to be too. It streams fine so it's not my connection so idk what's going on.

20. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I've never gotten notifications, i'm a fairly new user (2 months) but I'm following artists that have had new releases since then, and i'm only following like 10. Apparently it doesn't work for like anyone anymore.

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I didn't even realize this was a thing (I'm kind of a newbie) but what do they base the Discover Weekly off of? I rarely save or download tracks or albums. I typically just search and listen to random albums on the Spotify web player while at work. I went to the Discover Weekly today and it was mostly artists related to Brian Fallon, which is one of the few albums I've actually downloaded/saved.

22. Mr. Serotonin

https://hackernoon.com/spotifys-dis...ne-learning-finds-your-new-music-19a41ab76efe

jorbjorb and Ferrari333SP like this.
  23. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I usually find quite a bit I like in my Discover Weekly

24. jorbjorb

7 rings

My release radar playlist isn't that great lately. It's missed a few artists I'm following.

25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

My release radar seems kind of broken, it keeps tracks on there for a long tiiiiime