Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App • Page 11

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin Dec 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 13, 2017)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Very cool.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

NicoleOdyon likes this.
  2. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Wow man! Are you an actual member of the band? Love your music!

jorbjorb likes this.
  3. jorbjorb

7 rings

That means a lot man. Thanks a lot.

We released our newest one a bit early on bandcamp.

It will stream everywhere January 5th! Thanks again.

Peachfuzz likes this.
  4. ZooZooChaCha Dec 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 22, 2017)
    ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Granted I used Apple Music a bit more than Spotify this year, but this is pretty accurate:

[​IMG]

It's stuff like this that makes me miss using Spotify. So much more personalized then Apple Music - but hasn't that always been the case with Apple - "You WILL like this"

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Seems dope. Do you need my SS# or what?

coleslawed, mercury and GrantCloud like this.
  6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

late to the party
    5AEAA172-219A-4ECE-A2F4-9837516D8B7B.png

7. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I like it more for trading and listening to other people's lists. My coworker turned me on to some total jams because her taste in artists is different from mine, but still lines up musically.

8. Kuri44

I mad the awful mistake of ending my premium subscription to Spotify after having it since 2011 and moving to Apple Music.. I’ve been using Apple Music for a little over a week and it just fucking sucks, maybe I’m not used to it but I feel like the navigation is terrible. Anyways, I’m came back to Spotify and will never leave. I love Spotify :heart:

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah haven’t tried Apple, but regardless I’m glad I don’t download anymore. I love streaming from Spotify so much.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

So I'm a streaming virgin. I typically just buy all the albums I listen to and have never streamed before but my wife - out of the blue today - bought us a family premium subscription to Spotify (because she just bought a Google Home).

Probably a dumb question, but once I download an album or songs, if I listen to those with no wi-fi (in the car) will it use data? Or no because I've already downloaded it?

Or do I have to click 'offline' in the playback to ensure I don't use data?

11. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Hopefully I don't cost you a ton of data with my answer, but I exclusively stream only things I've downloaded to my phone with Spotify while having data on and I have not seen it impacting my allowance for the month.

12. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

I second this.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That's what I figured. As long as I'm listening to what I have downloaded, and not what I'm streaming. I just didn't know if I had to go into 'Playback' and click 'Offline.'

Also I've heard some chatter about playing Spotify in the car. I've noticed that it's not as loud as my iPod, Radio, Music on my Phone, etc. Is that normal? I typically never go over 40 on my car volume, but with Spotify, I was at like, 50. I was using my Bluetooth. I also have a USB cable in my car, but haven't tried with that yet.

Jdaniels likes this.
  14. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Spotify is always quieter on my Apple Devices. (iPhone, Mac, iPad and TV) - Usually I just turn it up a little more, as you mentioned - always seems fine in the car though.

15. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Pretty new to Spotify and sorry if this question has been asked a bunch already, but I was driving my wife's care yesterday (2017 Subaru Legacy) and plugged in my phone via USB. I don't have any music stored on my phone now (iPhone X btw if that helps) so on the car dashboard I selected my phone and obviously nothing would play since there's no music stored locally. I open up Spotify and play a song which starts playing through the car, but the dash displays no info on the song and I can't changed songs through any of the car controls, just through the Spotify app. Can't find any answers on google. Pls help

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm new to Spotify myself. I have a 2016 Toyota Rav 4 and an iPhone6+, I can use my steering wheel controls to change Spotify songs, but I cannot browse my Spotify library on my dashboard (as I can my Music app). I have to manually start Spotify through my phone, but then I can change songs, volume, with car controls etc.

I've used both my bluetooth and a USB cord. I like using USB cord more because it adds the album image, whereas Bluetooth does not. However, both display artist name, song title and album name on my dashboard.

Not sure why you aren't seeing any of that info on your dashboard and aren't able to control using the car controls.

17. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

was cleaning up some hard drive space on my laptop and found that Spotify was using 11GB of space in a cache folder wtf...

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Probably a dumb question, but how do you add a profile picture? For the life of me, I cannot figure it out. I've tried through my Account settings, and even see Edit Profile, but there's no image option. I Googled it, and it said to simply place mouse cursor over the current profile image and you can add, but even that doesn't work.

I'm signed in through the Spotify Web Player...do I have to download the desktop app?

Not that big of a deal at all, just kind of annoying that I can't figure it out.

Also, when I go to account overview, it says my username is just a bunch of letters and numbers and there are no options to change either my user name or just my account name.

My wife set everything up, so maybe only she can access this stuff?

19. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Not sure about the profile picture, I connected mine to my facebook and it automatically has my fb profile pic for me. As far as the username that part is super annoying, mine is random as well and I wish I could change it, there's no possible way to do it apparently

20. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

hi guys! i'm wondering if anyone is having the same problem i'm having- spotify is constantly turning on the repeat loop on its own. thankfully it's not for a single song, but it's super annoying to put on music to fall asleep to and then wake up at 3am and realize it's still playing because spotify decided to loop the album. i searched through their community forums and found a lot of people complaining about it, but never found a solution, so i figured i'd ask here just in case.

21. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Which version of the player are you using?

I tend to spend my time between the desktop and web players (don't have premium, so don't have it on my phone) and I find that the web player particularly is glitchy.

22. personalmaps

whatever the latest version for iPhone is- i hardly ever use the desktop client anymore and i never use the web player. i looked this morning to see if there were any updates in the app store but there were not.

23. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

When an album or playlist (dont remember which) ended on spotify it used to just play random recommended songs for me but now it loops back around to the beginning of the album. It's nice cause I put on music for work and sometimes I'd leave the office and come back to something that wasn't rly office appropriate so I'd rather it just start the album over to be safe, but then sometimes I get sucked back into the album again and I'm like nooooo bye, productivity

24. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Not sure if this is it, but do you have Autoplay turned off?

25. personalmaps

i have it turned off, but that was another thing they annoyingly automatically turned on at one point.