Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify App

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Supernova, May 6, 2016.

1. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Spotify recently updated their iOS app so that the "browse, search, library, ect....." options are now on a nice little nav bar at the very bottom of most screens. This is opposed "hit the back button 5 times" method of old. Don't know why it took so long to get to this redesign, but I'm sure glad to have this update.

Until I feel 100% confident that Apple Music won't mess with my large local library to varying degrees, upload all files in DRM, ect.... I'm content with Spotify. Especially with the $4.99 /mo student discount.

[​IMG]

rammin21 likes this.
  2. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

More proof that their UI/UX has been shit for a while and still isn't good. Apple Music isn't perfect but at least it's gotten some of this right.

Student discounts just rolled out for Apple Music today.

I can't ever bring myself to use Spotify because the audio quality is still poor compared to Apple Music.

3. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

The UI doesn't bother me so much. Especially now. I'm no a UI snob and don't get annoyed easily so it's fine for me haha.

I'm interested to see what the quality difference in the two are personally. I have yet to give the trial on Apple Music a go so I might do that soon, especially now that a student deal is there which is cool.

4. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I notice it on EarPods and I don't have good hearing anymore so take that for what's it worth.

5. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Any idea why that Spotify navigation bar isn't there for me yet? The app is up to date, etc.

Is it a Canada thing?

6. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I had to launch, force quit, and re-launch to see it.

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

ya i'm not seeing it in canada either.

8. It is better but gosh I still miss rdio all the time.

9. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I'm pretty indifferent about the UI change. Although my muscle memory of hitting the bottom to get the "now playing" track and going to the uppet left to go to playlists has been difficult. But in the end I don't think its a problem, it's just what I'm used to

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

fack i want that layout bad

11. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Can someone explain the social aspect of Spotify other than the bar on the right shows what is now playing from who I follow?

12. jorbjorb

7 rings

Obviously not as good as rdio. On mobile I can only see my friends playlists not their library. When I'm on the desktop app I can see what they are "listening to right now". That's about it. Rdio nailed it when it came to social. I found a lot of music that way.

13. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I don't think I'll use the suggested songs feature for playlists, but it's pretty cool.

Most of my playlists on there are by year and the suggestions are about 90% accurate of being in the year the playlist is for.

14. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

The "Soak up the Sun" playlist is pretty tight.

jorbjorb likes this.
  15. jorbjorb

7 rings

i'll have to check it out haha

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I was playin' it while laying out by the pool this weekend. Pretty perfect for that.

jorbjorb likes this.
  17. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'll be at the pool this weekend too. I like what I see on this playlist haha.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  18. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  19. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

I really enjoyed the Throwback Play list this week. Some classic songs I grew up with and songs my dad really loves. brought me back to when I was a kid and we would drive round in his big green boat of a car and look at houses we couldn't afford, lol.

20. Jdaniels

Regular

I gotta say, my last few discovery Weekly playlists have made me go "ohh nice line.."i google it, and more and more, its on some artist's bandcamp page from the past year or two. very impressed.

21. GloriaScott

CREO has designed an OS level feature for their flagship smartphone Mark 1. It’s called Audio Effects. It offers you the ability to play around with profiles under Audio Effects irrespective of the output source. Gaming, watching video, listening to music - each experience enhanced further with the amazing Audio Effects feature. My personal favourite is 3D Surround Sound. Believe you me, till now people got hooked to songs, now they will get hooked to audio profiles of their choice.
    Trust me,Audio Effects left me spellbound.

22. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

It would be great if Spotify had an "Upcoming Release" section on an artist's page. Would have the artwork, tracklist, and release date, with the ability to "pre-save" it. Would automatically save to library upon release, and notify user once it's available. I feel like this is a feature Spotify has been missing for a while.

Jdaniels likes this.
  23. Steven Suarez

Has anyone had trouble with their recommendations in the discover tab disappearing?

24. jorbjorb

7 rings

i finally got the updated layout now

25. Collins

Trusted

did they take sink or swim from the gaslight anthem down?