Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify Year in Review • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Dec 6, 2018.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well I got back my data for Apple Music to do that whole work around so I have some things to share now.

My top 8 artists on Apple music (all time) are:
    1. Paramore
    2. Father John Misty
    3. Lana Del Rey
    4. The Front Bottoms
    5. Janelle Monae
    6. Say Anything
    7. Sufjan Stevens
    8. Kacey Musgraves

The only real surprise there is Sufjan Stevens (I think I've probably left Illinois on to fall asleep to several times). I love him, but I didn't know I listened that much.

I would guess that if we were just looking at this year that would probably look like: 1. FJM, 2. Paramore, 3. Janelle Monae and idk from there.

My top 2018 songs were:
    1. Make Me Feel (Janelle Monae)
    2. Venice Bitch (Lana Del Rey)
    3. Birthday (All Time Low)
    4. Just Dumb Enough To Try (Father John Misty)
    5. Butterflies (Kacey Musgraves)
    6. Django Jane (Janelle Monae)
    7. Miami (Kali Uchis)
    8. Mr. Tillman (FJM)
    9. Crazy, Classic Life (Janelle)
    10. Space Cowboy (Kacey)
    11. High Horse (Kacey)
    12. Love It If We Made It (The 1975)
    13. Filthy (Justin Timberlake)
    14. Mariners Apartment Complex (Lana)
    15. Screwed (Janelle)
    16. Say Amen (Panic! At the Disco)
    17. Slow Burn (Kacey)
    18. Fuck A Silver Lining (Panic!)
    19. Take a Byte (Janelle)
    20. Disappointing Diamonds Are the Rarest of Them All (FJM)

It's worth noting that this is by play time itself, not play count (so Venice Bitch I've 'only' listened to 42 times, but got the second spot cus it's such a long song. The most notable song that had a high play count but not a high amount of pay time was "In the Drink" by Justin Courtney Pierre. I listened to that 71 times this year.

My most played song on Apple Music overall in play time is.... lol "Younger Now" by Miley Cyrus. I will not apologize for this. Song bangs and never got the love it should've (even though the album as a whole was not great). The song with the highest play count is "Hard Times" by Paramore clocking in at 150 plays.

My biggest suprise is that Mitski didn't have some more plays. But I guess I listened to the CD a lot in my car which is why it feels like I listened to her a lot more than this is showing. Another of my favorite albums this year was Isolation by Kali Uchis and that averages around 40 plays per song on the album.

Mr. Serotonin and marissalg like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

coleslawed, Shrek and figureitout like this.
  3. amorningofsleep Dec 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 5, 2019)
    amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Yeah. Sounds about right. Although I think my Last.fm profile does a better job than just Spotify.

[​IMG]

Micah511 likes this.
  4. I’m not sure how to post that stuff, but Mac Demarco was my Artist if 2019 (surprising to me). And Every Time I Die was my Artist if the Decade (100% accurate).

5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

my decade is a real bummer because of how much of it has been retroactively ruined by problematic behavior but heres 2019

IMG_20191205_071942_759.jpg

cant recommend Manimals enough, mix of glam rock and punk. their newest record is fantastic and Hayley is an awesome frontwoman

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I don't listen to ATL really anymore but Birthday was a fuckin' jam, hahah. That late 90's early 2000's pop sound.

7. Shrek

gotta love the one year reply cycle

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  8. Shrek

does apple music not do tracking still? why wouldnt a paid service not do something that last.fm has done for free for like ever

9. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Finally I know what your avatar is lol

Also if you want a mix of glam rock and punk listen to Queen Zee

Shrek likes this.
  10. zmtr

Trusted

A87835EA-A6AF-493F-88CB-8250BE4E187B.jpeg
    098F41CB-E126-4327-93C2-24714164ADAE.jpeg

Attached Files:

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Shrek

one minute in and this is very my shit, thanks for the rec

Jake W likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I was bummed that trying to get my ten year from last.fm was locked behind a pay wall.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I hate that this doesn’t account for downloaded song plays, which is my usual way of listening to music in Spotify. My year in review was way off.

FloatThroughMe and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  14. marissalg

Trusted

11F23419-0F17-4FDA-87E5-54A1017CB0FF.jpeg

One of my most listened to genres was “buffalo NY indie” lmao. My artist of the decade was The Menzingers.

15. Mr. Serotonin

Really? That doesn't make any sense. Haha, the songs you download are the songs you listen to the most. I have a playlist of 1000 songs that I listen to every day on shuffle.

16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I dont get it. My “Best of the Decade for You” playlist features a shit ton of songs i know for a fact ive never listened to, or would never listen to.

Micah511 likes this.
  17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

That's not what the playlist is. Look at the description m it's recommendations

18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

upload_2019-12-5_8-50-36.png

They said I listened to 16 hours of Vampire Weekend this year.

19. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

It’s like a mix of things you like and popular adjacent things you probably intentionally avoided

And/or the wrong songs by the right bands

OotyPa likes this.
  20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

932D71A8-CFAD-4B18-9370-1CB44A151F54.jpeg

Looks about right, said I listened to 59 hours of Caspian. My decade list is very skewed because I only got premium two years ago when my iPod died, from 2011-2017 I exclusively used Spotify on my computer.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I love them a whole lot still, but Birthday is unbelievable. It's all I listened to with my friends last summer.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  22. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yeah, I really wanted a "decade in review" that was MY most listened to songs of the past decade. They have that data, they could easily churn that out. I might make it myself based on last.fm.

OotyPa likes this.
  23. Shrek

my total podcast listen since April is 54,840 mins lol

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  24. Mr. Serotonin

I bet mine would be over 100,000 minutes of podcasts if I listened through spotify hahah

Preserved Moose likes this.
  25. Mr. Serotonin

Third Eye Blind//Butch Walker//Chance the Rapper//The Dangerous Summer/ The 1975//Tame Impala

All among the top for me. Checks out.

Shrek likes this.