Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify Year in Review • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Henry, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Wear ear plugs yah dingo

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

CarpetElf and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. Snoblin

Don't back sass me little mister

4. Sorry to pop in, but does anyone know if Apple Music has anything like this available to their users?

5. strangeterrain

Regular

Lots of bands posting their year-end summaries too. Would be interesting to see how they stack up.

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

78067DE5-9494-481D-88FB-B0D3F4DEC70E.jpeg

oh, hey, [untitled]

Henry likes this.
  7. DrownTheWorkforce

Regular

This doesn’t correspond with my last.fm at all, because I started using Apple Music midway through the year and quit Spotify. None of the artists/songs here are in my actual top 10 most played for the year.

Attached Files:

Henry likes this.
  8. Spenny

Regular

Mine is mildly embarrassing, but I'll share it because why not.

I feel like, if December ever mattered to Spotify and this happened at the beginning of January, The 1975 and Troye Sivan would show up on top artists for sure.

Spotify Wrapped 2018.png

Fall Out Boy makes sense since I enjoyed M A N I A and it came out in January. Surprised I listened to as much Saara Aalto and RuPaul as I did lol. And also surprised at how much Eurovision season impacts my playlists - three of the five top songs were from Eurovision (and not even my favourites at that :-/).

I predict The 1975 will dominate my 2019 Wrapped, as I'm sure I'll be spinning ABIIOR a lot more and NOACF coming out in May (hopefully).

CarpetElf and Henry like this.
  9. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

overview small.JPG
    I've listened to & reviewed almost 500 albums this year, but I guess I still listen to a ton of pop punk. I'm not sure how they do their metrics, but they said I've listened to The Story So Far for 17 hours this year. I know I've listened to them WAY more than 17 hours.

Also, I've listened to Daylily by Movements so many more times than Take Me As You Please. Every time it gets to the end of the song, I'll pause it & scroll back to the beginning, & do that like 6 or 7 times. Does that only count as 1 stream?

Henry likes this.
  10. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Adventurous small.JPG
    I also thought this one was kind of funny

Henry and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  11. Snoblin

12. jorbjorb

7 rings

I tried listening to the "Tastebreakers" playlist it made for me and I couldn't do it.

theasteriskera likes this.
  13. Snoblin

Here's the garbage everyone else listens to CONFORM CONFORM CONFORM

jorbjorb likes this.
  14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

My tastebreakers is the weirdest mix of songs and I really don't know why Spotify thinks I'd like most of this

15. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Same. I guess the "average" user spends a certain amount of time listening to pop music, & I spent 99% more time listening to non pop than the average user? That would explain how people could get over 100%

16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

literally half of my Tastebreakers is in Spanish and I’m truly wondering if it’s because i listened to the new Spanish Love Songs record so much lmao

17. marissalg

Trusted

5C39FD33-B22B-460E-97DD-F271878BD91E.jpeg I honestly didn’t think I listened to TWY that much but the rest isn’t surprising. My playlist has a few oddballs but overall it’s fairly accurate.

Henry and theasteriskera like this.
  18. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

omg same

Shrek likes this.
  19. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Mine is mostly Japanese & Chinese... Japanese Breakfast & Chinese Football lol

Your top 5 artists rule, can we be friends?

marissalg and Shrek like this.
  20. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Snoblin likes this.
  21. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Wow, pop music really took over for me this year. And those long drives to Seattle to see Taylor Swift and 5SOS had a big impact on my top plays haha. The 1975 and Troye Sivan as the top 2 were predictable though.

Spenny likes this.
  22. marissalg

Trusted

Anyone that appreciates Pentimento is someone I want to know.

theasteriskera likes this.
  23. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Henry likes this.
  24. strangeterrain

Regular

Decided to take a stab at this: Spotify for Artists -- 2018 Wrapped

Stats for 95 artists/bands that either popped up on my social media feeds after I thought to keep track or showed up on Twitter when I searched quickly.

25. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

This Tastebreakers list feature is broken?! I fucking definitely know and have listened to Popcaan, Spotify