Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify Upgrades Fan Insights Feature to ‘Spotify for Artists’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Billboard:

Now, a year and a half later, the streaming service is upgrading Fan Insights and rebranding the initiative as Spotify for Artists, complete with new features and controls that allow all artists to not only peek under the hood at their data through the service, but also manage their artist presence within Spotify itself.

Sounds good.

With Spotify for Artists, verified musicians will be able to now manage the way their artist page looks, with photos; pinned songs, albums or playlists that they want to promote atop their profile; and the ability to add and control which playlists appear on their artist page, whether created by themselves or by fans or other artists.

Sounds great.

As with Fan Insights, artists will have access to listeners’ demographic information — age, gender, location — as well as real-time song information, playlist performance and data and the different ways listeners are accessing or discovering their music.

Sounds a tad creepy.

2. Joseph Pepe

Love this, my band uses it all the time

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I hope this means "x amount of male listeners between 18 & 25 in Northeastern NY" and not "Jane listened to this song 60 timers today here is here a/s/l"

emeryk3 likes this.
  4. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

Jeeze Jane!

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Sounds interesting provided it's obviously not too intrusive. I only discovered earlier that songs are now connected to Genius and show "behind the lyrics" when playing them - usually showing the lyrics and the inspiration behind the lyric, all the whilst automatically transitioning slides during the song. Such a cool feature.

Mr. Serotonin and coleslawed like this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Perfect timing!