Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify Studies Weather and Music Relationship; Builds “Climatune”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Spotify has teamed up with AccuWeather to build Climatune:

[W]e conducted a comprehensive study into the connection between music and weather. We partnered with AccuWeather, to gather data from hundreds of weather stations around the world. This included a year’s worth of data mapped to six different web toys: sun, cloud, rain, snow, wind, and clear night. We then correlated this with 85 billion anonymized, aggregated streams in over 900 cities, to uncover any patterns.

2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

This is so interesting and not interesting at all at the same time

Raku likes this.
  3. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

This is the first time I've reconsidered my decision to switch to Apple Music. This is great there are absolutely bands that I won't listen to on sunny days and music that doesn't make sense for cloudy days. Idk maybe I'm weird

4. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I think this is super cool! I love using Spotify to discover new music and the weather can have a huge influence on the genres of music I listen to day-to-day so this seems right up my alley.

5. noKings

Regular

How does this affect each listener though? Will we get weather-related playlists depending on the weather now? Or are we stuck with these generic crappy ones?

Raku likes this.