Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify Passes 40 Million Subscribers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Peter Kafka, writing for Recode, on Spotify passing 40 million subscribers:

Spotify, which is heading toward an IPO, has 40 million paid subscribers, the company announced today. But Spotify’s chief revenue officer, Jeff Levick, is leaving the company, sources confirmed.

Levick joined Spotify five years ago, when the company was just starting to build out an advertising business; he had previously been at AOL and Google.

Spencer Rhoton likes this.
  2. kelly

Woohoo

3. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Wow that's crazy. Now they just need to fix their UI!

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  4. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Good stuff

5. jorbjorb

7 rings

yeah i've been satisfied with spotify for about a year now. no rdio but it gets the job done.

6. Tim McCall

Regular

I can't tell if this will be a stock worth buying. I guess I have to read more.

7. The Format

Regular

And they still won't let users have more than 10,000 songs saved.

8. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

It's criminal honestly.

I am a Spotify loyalist because there doesn't seem to be anything better out there. But they have a lot of work to do.

9. The Format

Regular

They've said it's because only 1% of their users would have over 10,000 songs. I miss Rdio.

10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

After a year with it, Im pleased

11. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

I had no idea this was so. That's wack. The users who use the service the most should be rewarded, not crapped on. But I guess Spotify gets their cut all the same, the heavier users just pay out the artists more.