Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify Opens Up Playlist Submission Feature

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Spotify:

A few months ago, we unveiled a beta feature in the Spotify for Artists tool that gives artists, labels, and teams the ability to share new music directly with our editorial team for playlist consideration. Since the feature became available in July more than 67,000 artists and labels have submitted music and now we’re excited to announce our playlist submission feature is officially out of beta.

2. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I think this is a good thing. I've heard a lot of horror stories of "pay to play" playlists.

3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

It makes sense, but it's kind of a bummer that you can only submit unreleased music to be added to the playlists upon release. I've got a full EP's worth of songs I can't submit because I missed this feature by a month

4. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

It's still not a good thing if you're not with a label/PR team.

5. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

Yeah, that part confuses me. What are you supposed to do exactly? When my music is finished I like to release it
    Immediately. I guess you need to pick a future release date with your distribution service, submit your music to Spotify and wait to see if it gets on a playlist?