Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify.me Tries to Tell You What Kind of Music Listener You Are • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Mr. Serotonin Jul 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2017)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Damnit, now I gotta try again just to see :crylaugh:

EDIT: Same both times for me.

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Top Artist: The Gaslight Anthem (all-time)/The National (current)
    Top Song: 715 - Creeks (all-time and current)

I want more stats though haha. Great idea but give me years, countries, play counts, etc...

3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I'm really into Dreamo and my top artist is Relient K.

It also thinks I cook a lot.

Guess there wasn't a "Hikes a lot" option in the algorithm. :)

4. MegT585

Trusted

Top Artist was Every Time I die. Top song was Footscray Station by Camp Cope. Neither of those things are shocking haha

DeRRek likes this.
  5. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Top artist all time: Funeral for a Friend.

That's my favorite band. RIP

Top track all time: "Ready to Go" by I Call Fives. Probably right, I jammed this so much like 2 years ago.

Top genre is Alt-Emo at 72%. Some genre called Pixie is at 50%. Okay?

My recent stuff is all Scary Kids Scaring Kids, which is also true. The City Sleeps in Flames still rips all these years later.

6. noxee

Regular Prestigious

Top artist all time: Silverstein
    Top track of all time: Brave - WVNDER (I think this one is skewed because it always used to play when I opened up a Spotify place list)

Recent top artist is CHON, and the recent song is Sleepy Tea by them. Apparently I've been on a bit of binge...

Top two Genres are Screamo, and Pop Punk which is fair. I also apparently listen to a genre called Pixie (I have no idea what that is...)

This is a pretty cool marketing and interesting use of data, I'd be interested to see what else they can do with the data.

Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know what Pixie is.

Also I didn't realize Scary Kids Scaring Kids was on Spotify, although maybe I just need to import my local files so I can listen to them on there. I miss that band...

7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

It says there are 1500 genre classifications on Spotify...i'm interested to see all the other names :crylaugh:

8. noxee

Regular Prestigious

Every Noise at Once

There are certainly some interesting genres.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. jorbjorb

7 rings

83% of my tracks are energetic lol.

10. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I need to stop reading about Spotify stuff thinking 'man, I wish Apple did that...' Too much to switch over and I feel biased cause I've used Apple Music for so long. Decisions, decisions...

11. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

"YOU ARE HIGH ENERGY! We can’t seem to find any chill music in your recent streaming history. What’s it like living life at a 10?"

Then the one below that

"Or you just have a youthful spirit and enjoys a good lullaby."

Okay then haha

12. Top artist: Blink-182
    Top song: "For Me This Is Heaven" by Jimmy Eat World
    Top genre: Pop punk (40%)

69% of my tracks are "energetic"

"YOU ARE HIGH ENERGY! We can’t seem to find any chill music in your recent streaming history. What’s it like living life at a 10?"

"Based on the playlists in your library, we’re guessing you’re a great parent. Or you just have a youthful spirit and enjoys a good lullaby."

13. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Top genre: BLACK DEATH!

followed by VOIDGAZE

don't even know what that second one is lol

coleslawed likes this.
  14. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

Looks like Carly Rae Jepsen has surpassed Kanye as my most streamed artist. Works for me!

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. polyfilla

who can never be sure

My top artist was predictably Imogen Heap

My top track was Ode to Sleep by TOP which doesn't even break my top 50 on last.fm

16. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

17. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Something seems really off with their data. 26% of my music has been "Punk Christmas". I don't even know of any songs that would fit that description, maybe a Relient K song or two? There's no way this data is accurate, at least their genre data.

18. Spenny

Regular

Lifetime top artist is Ellie Goulding, recent top artist is Dua Lipa, 77% of my tracks are energetic, and top genre (by a mile) is pop.

Sounds about right. Especially in the spring and summer, I am definitely full steam ahead on the pop train, and then gravitate more towards more chill music in the late fall and winter.

19. Spenny

Regular

Also, Spotify needs to get their genre names in check. One of my top genres is Metropopolis...

20. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

lol my wife likes "Stomp & Holler" music

coleslawed and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  21. That's on you Clark Kent, don't blame the computers! :-p

Raku, Spenny and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  22. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

My top artist is Chon. Checks out, I couldn't stop listening to Grow when it came out and Homey is awesome as well.

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. atlas

Trusted

My top artist is the Wonder Years, which makes no sense because I haven't been an active fan of theirs for years and even when I was there are certainly other bands I listened to more at the time

24. GEM37

She haunts the roads

With everyone who wants more details/options, but it's pretty accurate for me.

Lifetime Artist is Weatherbox, Lifetime Song is Bastille's "Good Grief," and Current Song is "Trying Year" by Captain, We're Sinking - all of which are dead on.

A little surprised that Linkin Park is my top Current Artist - i know i recently ran through their whole catalogue, but i do that with a lot of bands. Most recently i ran through all of All Time Low and All (...huh.)

25. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I stream like a parent lmao

Raku, coleslawed and Mr. Serotonin like this.