Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify Launches Time Capsule Playlist • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 29, 2017.

1. MikeC18

Taking Back Sunday, Saosin, As Cities Burn, The Used, Brand New, He Is Legend...

Spot on.

2. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

some things i still listen to, but for the most part this is all high school listening

3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Mine was flawless, but I've also done 99% of all my listening through Spotify since the day Jason gave out early invites to AP'ers, so it has no reason to be anything but precise. This kind of stuff is why I won't ever jump services.

4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Lots of The Starting Line, The Dangerous Summer, and Jack's Mannequin

MikeC18 likes this.
  5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I don't use Spotify that much so it's mostly songs I listen to a lot on Spotify on there plus some guesses

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Mine is hilariously inaccurate.

7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

It was more "scene hits" (The Leaving Song pt 2, Take it Away, Seven Years) and then a bunch of older songs I just recently started listening to. Not exactly what I was listening to in my teenage years (a lot of pop and rap). It just took older bands I listen to now and added their popular songs from 10 years ago.

8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

A nearly spot on list for me here! Though there's too much Nirvana, which I actually didn't admire back in the day as much as I do now. But later it carries away with "Konstantine", "Sweetness" and "Existentialism On Prom Night" etc., it also has got loads of pop punk, there's blink-182 obviously, and also some big hits that I liked, guilty pleasures like Papa Roach or Natalie Imbruglia haha, RHCP (probably my favorite band in early primary school) and my first self-proclaimed 'ambitious' takes like Bjork and Radiohead from when I was 12, plus there's even a Polish nostalgic must-hear ;D love it, can't wait to get through all of it during my work shift today.

Ps. I didn't really get around Counting Crows till I was probably 20, but my list has got "Mr. Jones" on it, which eventually is pretty accurate - that one song I did like when I was a kid! : )

9. The Lucky Moose

I also share my Spotify account with my girlfriend so it's even weirder

smowashere and jorbjorb like this.
  10. Craig Manning

There are songs on my list I've never heard, and then at least 15 that I actively dislike. I'm really curious what the algorithm was here.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Mine is incredibly accurate. Something with the info they have for you must be way out of whack.

12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Most of mine is pretty accurate, the only real anomalies are Eminem and Simple Plan.

13. Craig Manning

The weirdest thing is that 90% of my Spotify listening is new country/folk/roots artists. There is not a single song from any of those genres on my playlist.

14. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

This is too accurate. Hawthorne Heights, Spill Canvas, Underoath, Maylene, Alexisonfire, Atreyu... all stuff i listened to a lot in middle/high school, but very rarely if ever listened to on Spotify. Really don't know how that happened, but kudos to that algorithm.

15. The Lucky Moose Oct 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 17, 2017)
    The Lucky Moose

My guess is: they look at what you listen to now and then they find "associated" (based on listening habbits by their user base) acts from your youth. I'm suspecting it's not actually all that complicated, which is why it's weirdly inaccurate for some people.

16. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yeah, but i went through a deathcore phase that I never listened to on Spotify. Im very curious how the faceless and as blood runs black came over, but i know something in my current listening pointed them to that conclusion.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  17. The Lucky Moose

One thing that does mess me up is that Spotify knows that teenage me fucked with some Evanescence songs because I have been carefully keeping that a secret my whole life lmao

smowashere likes this.