Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify Hits 50 Million Paid Subscribers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I :heart:Spotify

Tater Tot, ramres, Turkeylegz and 2 others like this.
  3. say_hello_to_good_times

I wonder how they count family plans, as one or as one for each of the subs in that family.

4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

*Each family plan=1 million subscribers

bmir14 likes this.
  5. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I love Spotify; I've discovered sooooooo many artists/bands over the last 5 years of listening to it, contributing to the huge uptick in concerts I go to just in the last few years

7. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

It is my most used app.

Turkeylegz and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  8. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

9. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

After using Spotify when it was still in beta (or had just launched I think) and then trying out rdio (RIP), google play music unlt., TIDAL, Deezer, and Apple Music for extended periods of time I have recently switched back to Spotify.
    So I guess I like it the most is what I'm saying. Being able the see what my friends are listening to is really cool.

If Apple ever bought Tidal (doubt it) and they had all/ most of the exclusives (bleh) I could see myself switching back because I'm already so far into their ecosystem it would just make sense. But pound for pound I think Spotify is the best streaming service app&&web.

10. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Love Spotify, it's pretty much replaced my iPod entirely

MegT585 and ramomcferno like this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I tried to switch from Spotify to Apple music, but apple was such trash on my phone I went back to spotify. I guess I'll stick with it for a while

Turkeylegz and ramres like this.
  12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

There's really nothing that could convince me to switch to Apple Music at this point, unless it went down to like $2 a month or something

Mr. Serotonin likes this.