Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify, Google, Pandora, Amazon Go to U.S. Appeals Court to Overturn Royalty Increase

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jem Aswad and Chris Willman, writing at Variety:

Spotify, Google, Pandora and Amazon have teamed up to appeal a controversial ruling by the U.S. Copyright Royalty Board that, if it goes through, would increase payouts to songwriters by 44%, Variety has learned. […] Sources say that Apple Music is alone among the major streaming services in not planning to appeal — as confirmed by songwriters’ orgs rushing to heap praise on Apple while condemning the seemingly unified front of the other digital companies.

2. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Yikes

Raku likes this.
  3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Mo Money, Mo Problems

Kingjohn_654 and Raku like this.
  4. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Would this potentially cause these streaming companies to charge their consumers more?

Raku likes this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Glad I only use Apple

6. just subscribe to Apple Music - the only company that actually cares about artists

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  7. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

I'm sure the whole thing is being coordinated through DiMA, of which Apple is a member.

Raku likes this.