Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spotify Files for an IPO

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Spotify has filed for an IPO. The company will begin trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker name SPOT.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I thought they were starting to have some trouble (like financially)?

3. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

That's likely one of the reasons they're raising equity with an IPO

4. shawnhyphenray

Regular

oh true I didn't think about that

5. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

They have multiple lawsuits pending against them, including a class action I helped bring against them at my old job. They're basically hoping their proposed class action settlement gets court approval and that the Music Modernization Act passes to give them a clean slate going forward (which won't take care of the individual suits brought prior to 2018, and maybe not even ones brought in/after 2018 if the MMA's blanket immunity grant is found to be an unconstitutional taking, but that seems to be the current plan, at any rate).

6. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I fucking hate spotify. I can't do the UI on it its trash. Apple Music while i have some complaints its better than Spotify. I just wish we had Rdio still. I'll never not be bitter about that platform.

7. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular

Although I certainly don't hate Spotify like you do, I, too, miss Rdio big time.