Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spoon - Hot Thoughts (March 17, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Jan 10, 2017.

1. radiodead

Trusted

no way They Want My Soul is better than Kill the Moonlight or Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga. I'd probably put it at 3. Although "Inside Out", is their all time best song.

"Hot Thoughts" is excellent as well. Can't wait for the album.

Every album cycle and for some reason I am always shocked how Spoon is not bigger. How there is not more hype. Too consistently great to be an afterthought.

airik625, irthesteve and KidLightning like this.
  2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

These guys have a crazy deep bench. Not many bands' fifth or sixth-best records are A-/B+'s. Title track here is boss. Listened to Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga and Kill the Moonlight today, those records both rule as well. Spoon is awesome. Long live Spoon.

3. Horrorca

Trusted

new song is good (d'uh)

I expect this to be p good, but I doubt this will be a top 5 Spoon record (which is not a bad thing considering how everything this band puts out is gold)

which I absurdly base on listening to one song

but... you know

4. Deathco_019

Drummer

I've only listened to They Want My Soul, but that one has been a great listen over the past two years so I'm looking forward to this one.

5. Gwen

11:11 // Resident Queen Prestigious

This song is incredible, the boys are back

Jim likes this.
  6. Jim

Trusted Supporter

They just posted another new song

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I don't really care for this second one

8. skoopy

Regular

I like it a lot. Album is shaping up to be seriously groovy.

9. Jim

Trusted Supporter

yeah i dig the second one a lot

10. radiodead

Trusted

2 days, reviews so far have been pretty glowing, per usual. I've been running back and forth through the discography for the past 2 weeks or so. Its as undeniable as any.

11. Jim

Trusted Supporter

yeah, I've spun my copy a few times. its really good. My only beef is the way it ends. For a band who I consider to have great closers, choosing an instrumental track of basically just noise confuses me.

12. woah, "WhisperI’lllistentohearit" is so good

airik625 likes this.
  13. radiodead

Trusted

I had read that was the case. Haven't heard the album yet. I think I'll be cool with it though, it would be a first for them, and I like it when bands change it up. They also regularly put cover songs on their albums (albeit carefully picked), which is also something a lot of other bands don't do.

14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I mean I respect the change, it just doesn't work for me personally.

15. radiodead

Trusted

"The repetitive title track, whose jittery energy is practically killed by its surface-level “hot thoughts” about a sexy girl, nary a hint of clever winking to be found" --Pitchfork

......like this is just an absolute head scratcher of a critique to me. Is this really what we have come to where we are shaming people for having sexual desires? Something innately human

16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Just got through my first listen, great stuff. I got a long car ride ahead of me tomorrow, this will be on repeat the whole drive.

airik625 likes this.
  17. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I love this album. This band seems to never disappoint.

18. Gwen

The ending of "Tear It Down" is so fucking good. God I love this band, they've been consistently killing it

airik625 likes this.
  19. radiodead

Trusted

The album is excellent. For sure their dance record. Love the gloss/disco vibe.

airik625 likes this.
  20. Gwen

Also, I honestly really love "Us". One of my favorite tracks even if it's an instrumental.

radiodead likes this.
  21. Deathco_019

Drummer

Forgot this was coming out today. Looking forward to listening to this later

22. fixius

Regular Supporter

Am I way off or do the first few notes of Do I Have to Talk You Into It remind anybody else of The Beast and Dragon, Adored?

23. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Really liking this. Pretty easily my favorite Spoon album this decade.

24. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

You can tell that already?

25. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Transference is my least favorite in their discography and I liked They Want My Soul more but haven't come back to it all that much. This one really clicked/I can tell I'll be listening to it a lot, so I feel pretty confident saying that.