Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Split (M. Night Shyamalan; January 20th, 2017) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Schlocky, exploitative fun. McAvoy was absolutely great but a huge credit has to go to how Shyamalan handled the performance, the way one edits and shoots a role like this can be mismanaged so easily.

Lots of fascinating things to say about victimhood, echoes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Alien in that regard, and Shyamalan knows it. Psycho parallels were apparent as well.

2. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Shyamalan just posted on twitter that he has written an outline for the follow-up to Split. I could see it coming out in 2019.

Kingjohn_654 and trevorshmevor like this.
  3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Hopefully it's not a traditional sequel. Maybe something with Kevin in a larger cast of characters

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. Ya I'm interested in a sequel, but idk how he's gonna do it and make it interesting. I'm optimistic, though.

5. dlemert

Trusted

I'm assuming his next film will be a sequel-of-sorts to both Split and Unbreakable. I felt that's what the finale of Split was alluding to, anyway.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. ChaseTx likes this.
  7. Kingjohn_654 and a nice person like this.
  8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Still really want to catch this

10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Was kinda bored by this

11. That original ending does seem like a pretty dark note to end on. I liked the ending that made the final cut.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

13. Joe Apr 26, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 2, 2017)
    kyle, suicidesaints, tucah and 6 others like this.
  14. michael_gatto

Trusted

So excited about this. Willis, Jackson, McAvoy and Anya Taylor Joy all together will be great.

ChaseTx and a nice person like this.
  15. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Even for those that didn't like Split, this makes total financial sense. Unbreakable made $250 million and Split made $275 million. I imagine this next movie could push $300 million.

16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I really gotta get around to watching Split

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. I still need to see Split but I'm already looking forward to the sequel. Too bad it doesn't have a 2018 release date.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Bruce Willis should be in A list movies again. He's so likable to me idk. Loved him in Looper. Die Hard gets watched almost every Christmas.

19. Awesome. This is how you build a Shyamaverse.

Take that, Snyder.

Kingjohn_654 and SpyKi like this.
  20. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Shyamaverse

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Finally watched this last night after the sequel news. I really liked it on first watch. Last 30 seconds weren't needed but whatever. First movie in a while where I've noticed the camera work like "wow that was a cool shot."

airik625, trevorshmevor and ChaseTx like this.
  22. Morrissey

Trusted

This was decent enough. This has been a pretty good year for mainstream film.

23. Sarah Paulson cast for the sequel.

24. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Is Robin Wright returning?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Really enjoyed this movie, guess I gotta go back and watch Unbreakable again as I barely remember it

Kingjohn_654 likes this.