Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spitalfield Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Apr 24, 2016.

1. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Gone but not forgotten. I still think they really hit their stride with Better Than Knowing Where You Are.

2. Remember Right Now will always be my favorite, but there are great songs across their discography.

irthesteve and trevorshmevor like this.
  3. Only liked about half of BTKWYA, but love 100% of their other records. Definitely one of my favorite bands from that time, still jam out to them consistently. Wish I knew about Remember Right Now getting a vinyl pressing when it did, but unfortunately didn't find out until long after it had sold out.

4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Honestly the last one is my favorite. They had some great great songs. "Secrets in Mirrors" has the catchiest hook

5. muttley

They updated their Facebook pictures. 10 year anniversary of BTKWYA is coming up.

I'd love to see them play that album but I think the most they'll do is a one-off in Chicago.

6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I really hope this happens.

7. Daniel182

Have to do it...

Stop Doing Bad Things > Remember Right Now > Better Than Knowing Where You Are

8. muttley

SDBT = BTKWYA > RRN

9. RRN > STBD > BTKWYA

10. Daniel182

Ahh, I'm so anxious to see if anything will be announced for Better Than Knowing Where You Are.

muttley likes this.
  11. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Still a huge fan of BTKWYA. I like their three Victory albums quite a bit and felt they got better and better with each album. Glad I got to see them live before they broke up. There weren't many people at that show so I don't expect them to ever venture to these parts again if they did a reunion tour.

muttley likes this.
  12. Jammed SDBT real hard at the gym earlier, man I sometimes forget how hard this band reminded me of Jimmy Eat World in a lot of parts

muttley and KidLightning like this.
  13. Daniel182

Seeing a notification for this thread got me excited that there was some news. :/

trevorshmevor and KidLightning like this.
  14. Haha sorry!

Funny enough, I just got a discogs notification of a copy of RRN going up for sale like 20 min after I posted that! Too bad it's $80 :verysad:

Daniel182 likes this.
  15. muttley

I've had Bad Things and Better Than Knowing on my phone for the last few months. This band got better as time went on so it's hard to choose between the two. Favorites aside, they both hold up just fine all these years later.

Same here. :tear:

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think I'm just getting into this band.. am I late?

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. Never too late for more Spitalfield love

Excuse me while I go jam Remember Right Now all week now

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

im listening to stop doing bad things.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. Daniel182

That one is my personal favorite, but I can understand Remember Right Now being a bit more accessible.

20. trevorshmevor Jan 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2018)
    Can't go wrong with any of them tbh. They're all fantastic. I just think RRN has the most career best songs, tracks 1-6 are a perfect run

I do still think the ultimate weirdest marketing move ever was putting Gold Dust on SDBT twice

teebs41 likes this.
  21. DesolateEarth

Birb

Better Than Knowing Where You Are is their best imo. Not a bad song on that album.

muttley likes this.
  22. Welp. Just spent $100 on a copy of Remember Right Now. Buzzed about finally owning it but damn that’s by far the most I’ve ever spent on a record haha

Daniel182 likes this.
  23. Daniel182

Which variant was it?

24. It’s labeled as a “white mix”, not really sure what that’s supposed to mean though hahah. The guy was kind enough to send a picture so I’d know what I was getting into and it looks just straight up white to me :shrug:

Daniel182 likes this.
  25. Daniel182

Nice! It’s hard to keep track of Spitalfield variants.

trevorshmevor likes this.