Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spiral: From the Book of Saw (May 14, 2021) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oncenowagain, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Not sure I feel that way but story wise I think it works well as a prequel. Seems like a good place to start on a rewatch for sure

2. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Imo jigsaw suffers for trying to distance itself from saw's aesthetic. Sure it's ugly and stupid, but that is what we love about it. Spiral was a huge improvement on Jigsaw because it didn't feel embarrassed to be a Saw movie.

Also the traps in Jigsaw are not very good. The first trap is a rehash of the first trap in 5 (although I dig the guy not waking up lol) the silo is a rehash of the silo in 3 (which was way more disgusting) the syringe of acid also a rehash of the acid death in 6 (a million times more disgusting) and then the spiral and laser traps were too ridiculous and cgi heavy for me to enjoy. I only respect the leg trap and even that was low tier

Contender likes this.
  3. angel paste

Let's rank every trap next

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. Colby Searcy

Merry Go Round

Everything else

5. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

“The Rack” screwed me up the most. It’s just so slow compared to a lot of the other traps.

chewbacca110 and Colby Searcy like this.
  6. Colby Searcy

The way I see these traps is kinda being Jigsaw's very first traps and very low budget cuz he's still testing everything out in a way

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. Yep, and in that sense, I think they work

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. angel paste

Idk the giant spiral blender trap with a motorcycle on top didn't seem very cheap or easy to me lol

9. angel paste

I always liked the hand saw in 5 where they realize they could of just not been whack to each other and then that guy splits his hand down the middle. Great stuff.

The gore in the finger trap scene in spiral makes it a strong contender. I've never seen such stretchy fingys

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

The hand-saw one could have been avoided if they just dragged the woman from the tub into the room and stuffed her arms and legs inside

11. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

12. There's a series on Youtube breaking down how to beat the traps in each movie, pretty fun

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. tomtom94

Trusted

If I were in a Jigsaw trap I would simply make the right choices

14. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

brilliant strategy really

15. I always think about the merry-go-round trap in Saw VI where he has to press a button that pierces his hand and how I would simply put my shoe in there. Same with the Venus Flytrap Mask, I would put my arms in front of and behind my head to block the thing from closing. They're not all that easy, and anyone is going to panic in that situation, but some of them are def easier to crack than others.

16. angel paste

The door locks behind them though, no?

17. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I’m willing to bet the force that fly trap closes with would probably go through your arms. Plus you have to consider even if it doesn’t, the arteries and veins in your arms. If it gets the right spot and doesn’t cut through, you’re still bleeding out from all those nails

18. angel paste

The tongue trap in jigsaw was a perfect jigsaw trap, really no way out unless you go for it. Although I'm not really sure how you would dodge the train after that, it was in the middle of a tunnel.. can you lay flat on the tracks and have it go over you ?

19. angel paste

Pisses me off how jigsaw never gives people enough time to do any of these traps fairly, especially when they require his slow ass machinery to complete.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  20. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

If he’d done it soon enough he could have got up and ran over to the passenger emergency exit on the side. However, he probably didn’t have enough time given this copycats MO

21. angel paste

That's true... I like the new handsome jigsaw but I would appreciate him giving them a slightly fairer chance. Other wise it is just very convoluted murder, there isn't even an active jigsaw to blame it on.

22. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

The guys from Mr Sunday Movies covered this in their couple recent videos as they’re doing a rewatch.

Also the fact that it’s hard for his victims to take away anything from the lessons he’s trying to teach them when all they can focus on is having 60 seconds to save themselves from certain death lol

angel paste likes this.
  23. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

The needle pit is still the most brutal out of all them, the only equal to it is The Rack

25. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

My friend and I actually talked about this on our podcast recently, but the barb wire maze feels like one of the more doable traps, no? 2 hours? Just stay low to the ground and take it slow.