Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spiral: From the Book of Saw (May 14, 2021) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oncenowagain, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Jbent

Trusted

Gimme that grit psychological snuff film style remake of hostel written by david spade starring tim meadows pls

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Chris Rock’s performance is definitely not good and I liked him in more serious stuff like “Fargo” and “Top Five.”

I also hate that they’re still doing the slow-super fast motion editing. It feels like it’s straight out of 2000. Expected the soundtrack to be composed by Wayne Statin.

3. DJ Duncan Donuts

I have only a slight amount of interest in the sequels, but since I loved Saw, I might try this one since it's currently got the second highest RT score of the series.

4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

you can tell how bad Rock is in this just from the trailer

jkauf and tomtom94 like this.
  5. Jbent

Trusted

Honestly rock being involved in this didn't move the needle for me at all - sam jackson tho, had me mildly hesitant to think this was going to suck complete ass

6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t understand the logic in trying a newer take on the franchise and then bringing Boussman back. Disappointed that the editing follows along the same path as the previous ones.

7. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

this was very bad lmao. the editing was some shit from like 2005 and Chris Rock was absolutely terrible. entertainingly bad tho

8. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I liked this a lot, rock did much better than I thought he would. Best sequel since 6, maybe even 4.

angel paste likes this.
  9. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This was my first theater experience in fifteen months and kinda apt, since enough of the first chunk of this movie was a snooze I would have written it off if I was watching at home and starting dicking around on my phone. But since I watched it in a theater and was forced to fully invest in everything, it paid off big time in the third act that was so bonkers and dumb (in the best way) that I was genuinely thrilled.

10. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

VI RULES GO BACK AND WATCH THAT

11. BTDandFeelingThis

Yes it does!! If I’m going to rank the series now:

Saw
    Saw III
    Saw II
    Saw IV
    Spiral
    Saw VI
    Saw V
    Jigsaw
    Saw VII

12. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

As a big Saw fan I have to admit this is the best sequel since Saw II

Also holey moley these traps were way nastier than I was expecting honestly

13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’m gonna go see this in a little bit just because it’s been over a year since I’ve had way too expensive movie theater popcorn

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Movie was fine. Rock was fine. Popcorn was fine. Typical Saw stuff. Was nice to be in a theater

15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Just rewatched Jigsaw and it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. Honestly thought it was better than the original film on my watch-through recently.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. BTDandFeelingThis

This is correct.

this is not.

joe.boy.fresh. and angel paste like this.
  18. Jbent

Trusted

Outside the endearing 2 young filmmakers success story the 1st saw not good

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. Lol. It's nostalgic, but Saw has bad writing, bad editing, and even worse acting. Cool when you're 13, not so much now. I think Jigsaw is more competently directed and simply looks better without all of the oversaturated greens and blues of the original series. In fact, I think it's better for simply setting itself apart from and rethinking the series, which is the whole reason I'm semi-interested in this film.

edit: and tacking onto what @Jbent, none of these films are particularly good barring maybe the second one. I think out of the eight pre-spiral, Saw and Jigsaw fall right in the middle with Jigsaw taking the edge.

Jbent likes this.
  20. Jbent

Trusted

For sure it was really jarring upon a recent rewatch how the original bathroom scene is just soooo cringey even for low budget horror

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. Yeah, I love Leigh Whannel's directing (Upgrade, The Invisible Man), and the original story is still pretty clever for the budget they had, but holy moly is his acting bad in that one lol

Jbent likes this.
  22. tomtom94

Trusted

Hot take: his acting is better than Cary Elwes'

23. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Cary Elwes was arguably worse. At least Leigh has an excuse given that he wasn't an experienced actor!

Zilla and Colby Searcy like this.
  24. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

This is not a hot take at all. Elwes was hot garbage in Saw, and I LOVE that movie.

Jbent likes this.
  25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Funny enough, he felt he deserved more money/credit for that role and it’s why he never showed up again until Final Saw/3D.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.