Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers, & Justin K. Thompson, 6/2/23) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

it’s already a 10/10 for me

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed, TSLROCKS and Cameron like this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

As long as Lord and Miller are involved in the writing, that's the most important thing imo

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

If this ends up being half as good as the first, it'll still be dope & twice as good as the next best Spider-Man film, so I'm not worried. What I know about WW84 makes David Callaham's role in the writing less appealing, but for all we know that film's problems might've been mostly Patty Jenkins' & Geoff Johns' doing. Lord & Miller confirming their & Peter Ramsey's active involvement is good, & I also feel pretty good about Joaquim Dos Santos.

coleslawed and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, my biggest worry is that it ends up like "The Lego Movie 2," where Lord and Miller were involved (and wrote the script on that one), but the direction just felt off from the first one. I have no reason to think that this won't be very good, but Lord and Miller not directing is a reservation.

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I never got around to the second Lego movie. But, looking at its Wikipedia, its director was the director of Alvin & the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, lol.

As far as this is concerned... Lord & Miller didn’t really direct the original, either. Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, & Rodney Rothman are the credited writers, with Phil Lord & Rodney Rothman credited with the script. And, this sequel’s director is Joaquim Dos Santos, who has experience on Avatar, Korra, & Justice League Unlimited, which makes me think he’ll carry the torch well (especially with so many creatives still involved).

Also personally excited that comic artist Kris Anka is one of the people doing design work for this.

9. It's not a classic like the first one, but I enjoyed Lego Movie 2 :shrug:

10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Lego Movie 2 is perfectly fine. Obviously I want this to be better than “perfectly fine” but I’m not worried at this point

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That’s right. Ugh. Had the dumb there for a minute.

I guess it’s the combo of the the directors (and reading about their passion for the project on Twitter) that I worry will be missed. But you’re right, it does feel like it’s in good hands and I’m just throwing out blind skepticism.

12. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

33F90D7B-9BC9-4FAA-AAFD-98E2F6FA23FF.jpeg

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

solxace, Jason Tate, RyanPm40 and 5 others like this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Hell yes

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Nice

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

like the sound of that

17. Serh Apr 19, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 19, 2021)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

kemp powers everywhere man

19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

three directors???

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I read the updated title as Kenny Powers for a second

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The first one had three directors too

22. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Do they split the duties having three directors? Like is one more in charge of the visuals, someone else on the story, etc.? Or do they just work as a unit?

23. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

It’s be interesting to see that! I haven’t seen enough of the BTS stuff around the first, but I imagine that’s how it goes, with L&M being “ringleaders” of sorts.

Furry Werthers likes this.
  24. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Mmmhmmm, Spider-Verse is a movie I'd love to see a full behind the scenes feature of.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

OH SHIT

DaveyA89 likes this.