Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers, & Justin K. Thompson, 6/2/23) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Nov 2, 2019.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The animation was already top notch. If this makes the first look bad then I’m not ready tbh

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i'd like to think that, if that's true, it's at least in part to how high the first one set/raised the bar

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I love the first one so much that if the sequel were just "let's do that for a couple more hours," I'd still love it. So if they're coming up w/ even more dope visual ideas... yes, please.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

can't see why it'd even occur to the creatives to not actively build on the precedessor

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

that said, i won't read too much into miller's tweet because people behind the film always say stuff like that ahead of release. i have doubts that he's wrong, but he wouldn't tweet anything to the contrary if they were just copy-pasting the first movie

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

So which villains are we hoping to see this time around?

I’m guessing nothing has leaked so far.

7. Tim

Doubt we get any villain confirmations for a while, based on how information rolled out for the first one, though could be wrong.

I'd be pretty happy w/ Morlun as this one's main villain. He seems pretty inevitable for this franchise either way; might as well go for it now.

I'd also love to see Mysterio somehow make an appearance, since he's my favorite villain & I wasn't into the version in Far From Home. I know there's zero chance he ends up as a primary villain in this world so soon after that one, but if I could just get a Lord & Miller version as a throwaway villain in an opening sequence or whatever... that'd be dope. Though, also unfortunately probably unlikely?

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Just imagining Mysterio and the way his powers would look with this animation is insane.

Hopefully Sony will be free to use him if they desire due to the fact that Marvel Studios already got to introduce his first big-screen appearance; although, it depends on whatever grand plan MS has with the character.

Visually, I would also like to see Electro. Many people didn’t like his portrayal in ASM2, and while I didn’t hate it, I think Lord & Miller could do the character right.

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Possibly teasing Silk?

Whalejaw and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yes pls

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I would love a new cast of spider people besides miles and Gwen

Zilla, RJ Knorr, justin. and 3 others like this.
  13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*breathes*

hahahahahahahahahahaha

RJ Knorr likes this.
  14. Serh Jul 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 26, 2022)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

lillian boyd is very nice for not revealing who that dude was

15. Tim

16. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The way that scenes mixes the usual "big triumphant orchestral score" with the soundtrack that was seemingly specifically created to fit Miles and Miles alone is what makes that scene so effective. That guy's a moron

RJ Knorr likes this.
  17. Tim

coleslawed and ghostedaway like this.
  18. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I’d spend so much time just swinging around if I had that game

Tim likes this.
  19. Tim

I finally got to play a few hours of Spider-Man a couple weeks ago, on my sister’s PS4 while she was out of town. And, while I’m not a gamer & wasn’t super good at it, lol, it was such a blast when I was doing alright.

20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

God damn I’m waiting a while to get a PS5 but that makes me want it immediately

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The game will also be on PS4

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wouldn’t play it on PS4. Just gonna wait til I get a PS5 in 2023

23. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’m playing on ps4

coleslawed likes this.
  24. justin.