Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: No Way Home (Jon Watts, December 17, 2021) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I'm generally not opposed to anything on principle so the premise itself isn't all that alarming, Jon Watts is still my primary obstacle. To be honest I'm very curious about all the Raimi cast/elements, and would enjoy a nice send-off/final arc for the Maguire Spider-Man, but would have preferred it be in like, a Raimi led Spider-Man 4 that has nothing to do with the MCU a la Joker.

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I’m excited to see how this movie retroactively ruins my favorite ever superhero movie

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  3. oakhurst Apr 18, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 18, 2021)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Who would have thought Molina’s Doc Ock and potentially Dafoe’s Green Goblin would return for the MCU

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Surprised you're a little less apprehensive than I am (outside of Watts, who brings more than enough apprehension by himself, lol). I know Big 2 comics do this all the time, but if they do decide seventeen years later that Molina's Octavius didn't actually redeem his villainy, that'll be a Star Wars level bad character development for me. And, I'm just super burnt out on digital faces; we're closer & closer to Disney releasing a "live action" film where over half of the main characters are deepfakes.

I do feel you on the send-off thing, though. (Which... prediction time: If the reports of a death that upsets Tom's Peter are accurate, and the reports of Tobey being hard to get are too, I think that death isn't May or MJ as some have suggested but is instead Tobey's Peter.)

Nathan likes this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’d put money on Dafoe’s GG killing Zendaya’s MJ. Having GG kill Peter’s first love interest seems like something Feige/Pascal would jump to the opportunity to do, mirroring GG killing Gwen in the comics.

phaynes12 likes this.
  6. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I really hope that's not how it's all going, I enjoyed this version of Peter sidestepping Uncle Ben, and I was hoping they'd do the same with MJ/Gwen dying on a bridge or whatever at the hands of Norman since it's been literally done to death but... we'll see.

I'd love to be happily surprised but the leaks give me a bit of pause. It's definitely a lot of concept to cram into one movie, we'll see.

7. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I think it's very possible it runs counter to everything Alfred Molina's Doc Ock went through in Raimi's film, but right now my engagement with the MCU is at an all-time low so I'm not all that invested. I love the Raimi films so much that I'll see it, but I also know what my expectations are going to be for MCU Spider-Man/the MCU in general so there's not that much apprehension.

Feel you on the de-aging, though, Disney needs to cut that out ASAP but I'm just preparing for when they own everything and put CGI Christopher Reeve in Marvel vs. DC: Legends (TBA 2038)

Dan Quinlan, Tim and awakeohsleeper like this.
  8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m mainly excited to hopefully see Molina’s Doc Oct and Dafoe’s Goblin interact on screen after nearly two decades.

9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I honestly just want to see that OG Green Goblin suit on screen next to all the new marvel characters. The design is so radically different. I can't wait for him to tear up New York again.

10. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I would think that Marvel wouldn’t be tone deaf enough at this point to kill off Zendaya’s lead, woman of color, MJ. I mean, I’m not putting it past them, but you’d think they’d be aware enough at this point of the messaging and cultural backlash in that decision. I’d probably go with the theories about it being Maguire’s Spider-Man even if I also don’t love that decision either. Would be a weird, retroactive spin on a character we last saw fourteen years ago, knowing that his series ultimately ends with him getting whacked in the MCU. Would be nice if Maguire’s death left a Spidey opening in his universe and Sony could just take the reigns from there, giving us a live action universe with Miles and run with it but I’m positive that won’t happen so.

Tim likes this.
  11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Also very weird to me they’re doing this when we just got spiderverse a couple of years ago. Seems like a strange choice to more or less reboot a movie from 2018

12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn't say it's a reboot of into the spider-verse. The plots, as far as we know, have little in common. That would be like saying every comic storyline that involves spider-man and the multiverse are reboots of each other.

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If the death is able to make Peter cry and almost kill GG then I don't think it will be a person he would have just recently met (like Maguire's Peter). It seems more likely it will be someone closer to Peter and knowing who GG killed in the comics kind of points toward Zendaya's MJ (since there is not a gwen stacy in the MCU). I guess it could also be Ned that gets killed.

14. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

If there is a death wouldn’t Happy be an easy candidate?

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think this is the most obvious which is why I wouldn't care for it. I vote for Ned, although, he is one of my favorite MCU sidekicks.

16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Watch it be the Principal or something.

justin. likes this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the likelihood of them keeping zendaya on contract doesn't seem large

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed and oakhurst like this.
  20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It was only a matter of time. Sounds like the Sony films will go to Netflix for 1 year and then to Disney+. Spidey deserves to be at home with the other Marvel films

Anthony_ likes this.
  21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

We'll take the Spideys, keep Venom and Morbius off Disney+ thanks lol

22. Keep Jared Leto off of everything

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Sony is going to become friendly with Disney and eventually Disney will do with Sony what it did with Fox.

Disney NUMBER ONE

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

But this honestly makes sense if the leaks are correct because all of the Sony films will be connected to the MCU.

One could even consider the first Raimi film to be the first MCU film. ;)

25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Rumors going around that Avi wouldn’t allow the MCU to include Uncle Ben and now this comes out. Hmmmmm