Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: No Way Home (Jon Watts, December 17, 2021) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I think it’s kinda funny that these forums have a reputation for hating MCU Spidey, even though more people here probably like ‘em than don’t... just because there’s a variety of opinions on the different versions & a few of us who don’t mind being vocal about our MCU frustrations.

Don’t worry, there’s plenty of places on the internet you can go where nobody will rain on your FFH parade!

Anyways. There’s still a part of me that hopes the end of the last one set up a better dynamic to play with here. My confidence in this creative team is very low, but maybe it’ll be the right kinds of good and/or messy for me to have fun with it.

2. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I loved ASM2 and hated FFH

:shrug:

I did enjoy Homecoming very much and all the other Spidey appearances so very much looking forward to this

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

justin. likes this.
  4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I Am Mick, Oskarr and justin. like this.
  5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

homecoming was great. ffh wasn't. I'm not super optimistic about this but I'll see it anyway

TSLROCKS likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’d like it if we could see more of Glover’s character, but I’m not betting on it.

7. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I liked Far From Home /shrug

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Far From Home was really good. Not as good as Homecoming, but still good.

9. In this post I will write a sixteen page fan fiction on why you’re both wrong

FFH was fine. I enjoyed it

10. Leftandleaving

I will say the dip in quality is at least not as drastic as from sm2 to sm3

slowheart likes this.
  11. PauLo

43% Burnt

It's a great film and I couldn't give a shit whether people like it or not. What's odd to me is people who say it's a bad film. Just can't wrap my head round that.

wade and Furry Werthers like this.
  12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

It was saved by Jojo Rabbit, Joker, and Rise of Skywalker from being the worst thing I saw in theaters in 2019

13. Furry Werthers

Trusted

The hate it gets is just so weird to me, like, I get it from people who don't like the version of Peter Parker in the MCU because it's *very* steeped in that MCU arc, but I enjoyed it a lot.

I also only saw it in theaters and haven't been able to catch it since (with it not being on Disney+) so maybe after a rewatch my opinion would change, but seeing people's visceral reaction to this movie in some places always confused me.

Anthony_ likes this.
  14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I’m not someone who thinks the MCU Peter is too tied to Tony Stark. It would make sense for a post-Endgame Spider-Man movie to deal with that. I just think the way it deals with that runs counter to a lot of the arcs Tony Stark and Peter Parker had to that point. Entrusting essentially a WMD to a teenager, who gives it to the first nice adult he meets, not to mention the goofy “almost orders a missile strike on a rival classmate” and “hot adult lady forces him to strip” nonsense, I think it’s one of the more haphazard MCU entries, because as much as I hold against the MCU, it’s usually good at reigning things in and keeping their movies streamlined for palatability. Far From Home feels like a first draft.

but it made me laugh a couple times and I like Tom Holland and Jon Favreau’s dynamic so when I think back on the movie and get past the generic CGI nonsense and how generally forgettable it was, there’s at least some merit when coupled with JK Simmons returning. I get why people like it (and despite some people’s weird fixation on the few people who have issues with it, most people do like the movie), I just think it’s a contender for the weakest MCU entry, where it’s got some tough competition.

anyway hope this one is good, but as with most MCU I’ll keep my expectations tempered.

15. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

I remember liking it the day it came out but have had zero inclination to rewatch since then.

Greg likes this.
  16. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Man, I can't imagine what movie actually wins the trophy for weakest MCU entry. Gotta be one of the Thor movies.

17. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Thor 1 & 2. Age of ultron. Guardians 2.

18. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Guardians 2 gets a pass for me because of that incredible Baby Groot dance sequence.

RyanPm40 and DrAlanGrant like this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Oskarr and DrAlanGrant like this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Thor Dark World is my pick for weakest. I think i actually hated that one lol

sawhney[rusted]2 and DrAlanGrant like this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the most recent WandaVision made me re-watch Ultron that same night. it's been multiple years since my last watch of that one and I liked it way more than I remember. Is it probably my 4th ranked Avengers movie? sure, but it's still a lot of fun.

22. Leftandleaving

age of ultron is awful but guardians 2 rules

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 are the only marvel films I don’t mind not watching again.

24. soggytime

Trusted

Guardians 2 is my favorite MCU movie

25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

lol you joke but it could still happen