Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Persichetti & Ramsey; Dec 14, 2018) Movie • Page 35

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Jun 21, 2017.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

RyanPm40, AndrewSoup and Mrplum5089 like this.
  2. Finally had a chance to watch this the other dayad absolutely loved it. What a great movie. I literally have 0 complaints.

3. Are we supposed to infer that Gwen found Chris Pine's Peter? And that he might have met her?

Gwen: Peter?
    Peter: Gwen?
    Both: You're supposed to be dead.
    *pause, as their spidey senses go off re: each other's powers*
    Both: Huh, you're like me.

There's no way this hasn't happened in some version in the comics, right?

4. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

depending on how long Gwen has been Spider-woman in the movie, her Peter is dead.

5. She mentions that in the film doesn’t she?

smowashere likes this.
  6. When Jake Johnson's Spider-Man meets the younger MJ, Gwen says something like, "She's not your MJ, trust me, I've been through this."

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

We really don't need spoiler tags at this stage in the game, lol.

Timing-wise, I don't think Gwen & "RIPeter" met. Her spider-sense took her to the school first, & he died pretty shortly afterwards. Also, Peter B. Parker had a similar but longer career & didn't react to Gwen, so I could see neither Peter having gone through the whole Gwen thing.

I don't recall what 616 Peter & Spider-Gwen's meeting was like in the Spider-Verse comic, but I believe they've addressed a couple times the fact that they're each other's lost loved one from another universe. I remember Peter having some interaction like that w/ Ultimate Gwen in Spider-Men.

8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I love how there are so many Peter Parker's in this that we actually have to specify the actor's name so people know who the hell they're talking about lol

9. CobraKidJon

bought the target version of this and I am hyped to finally watch it again on Saturday.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I love how literally the only movies I actually own outside of 10 year old DVDs are 4k digital copies of Spider-Man Homecoming and Spiderverse

11. CobraKidJon

I reference spiderverse scenes daily in my life and I need to stop because none of my friends understand me.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

869B157C-888C-4F9E-AB44-733E1A542FB9.jpeg

13. CobraKidJon

14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I got the Walmart set with the figure. I want to open the figure up but the packaging is so nice haha

ChaseTx likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  16. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I'm so happy I finally got the DVD even though not having the alternate universe cut of the movie is a shame

The anecdote about Nick "going full Cage" is so fucking great

17. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

this still isn't out at all in the UK and it's bugging meeeee

18. GBlades

Trusted

22nd April is a long wait for the bluray

19. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Even the DVD isn't out till then also, I think it comes out digitally this Friday though

20. GBlades

Trusted

I hope so!

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

ugman_2000 likes this.
  22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

My art book for this finally arrived and I just want to stare at it for the rest of the week. Who needs to deal with responsibilities anyway?

23. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

got mine a few days ago.

Deanna likes this.
  24. CobraKidJon

25. Davjs

Trusted

That's such a good deal. Out of all the artwork they put out for this movie, that's the cover they went with though? I feel like that happens a lot.

SpyKi likes this.