Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Persichetti & Ramsey; Dec 14, 2018) Movie • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Jun 21, 2017.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Bums me out that this will lose to the Incredibles

awakeohsleeper and Davjs like this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

and it's not to say Incredibles wasn't good, but this category is usually just whatever animated disney film came out that year wins. I don't want to be accused of hyperbole, but i feel like this movie was revolutionary in animated/comic film adaptations.

Kingjohn_654 and AndrewSoup like this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

I just look at it from the stand point of Incredibles 2 didn't live up to the 13 year wait we had. So one more disappointed (even though good) and one more blew every exception out of the water.

This 100% deserves to win.

Kingjohn_654 and Sean Murphy like this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah i mean Frozen 2 is gonna win in 2020 so let Spiderman win this yeaaar.

Kingjohn_654 and Davjs like this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Idk, I have a feeling this might win. Really has a lot of critical buzz heading straight into Awards season. I think Incredibles 2 votes will be split with Ralph

justin. likes this.
  7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm going to remain optimistic that, coming off winning at the PGA and Golden Globes, this will have the hype to beat Incredibles 2. If it didn't, I wouldn't be shocked, but as Disney-heavy as the Oscars' track record is, I think it's fair to call Spider-Verse the frontrunner.

I still wonder if, in a year not dominated by the juggernaut of Black Panther, this could've been the fourth animated film to get a Best Picture nom.

If anything outside of Animated Film, this should've been nominated in the Score category. Such a memorable score, and such an interesting story out there about how they "scratched the orchestra." I feel like that didn't get enough attention even amongst fans of this film; "Sunflower" seems to have sucked up the attention the score deserved (though I do love "Sunflower").

8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah, that video of them scratching the orchestra is mind bending and so creatively forward thinking that it should have been recognized

But you can that about most of this film lol

Tim likes this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

now i wanna watch this again

10. Lucas27

Trusted

I could see Isle of Dogs pulling a surprise win honestly. I think it’s between that, Incrediblea 2, and this. I agree this should win.

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i feel like Isle of Dogs came out so long ago

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

seeing this for a third time today. this should've been nominated for best picture. bothers me that more animation isn't.

13. With respect to Pixar, this is better than Incredibles 2. By far.

Kingjohn_654, AndrewSoup and Davjs like this.
  14. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

This isn’t even in the same ballpark as Incredibles 2.

15. Davjs

Trusted

The climax of the film is Elastigirl "fighting" a normal human and everyone else stopping a boat. That alone knocks this down way below this movie, which had everything going for it including an incredible climax battle.

Incredibles 2 had some really cool stuff but we really waited all those years for that to be the best the writers could come up with? Stopping a boat?

16. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Hmmm I'm assuming you mean that this is miles ahead of Incredibles 2?

17. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah, sorry. Absolutely meant to say that this was better than Incredibles. My bad.

18. Davjs

Trusted

haha then ignore my rant. But it felt nice to get it off my chest lol

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. Has this been posted yet? Whatever. Watch it again.

Kingjohn_654, jordalsh and AndrewSoup like this.
  20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I see what you did there.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Just seeing stills of this movie and I think "Damn.... what a visual treat this movie was".

disambigujason likes this.
  22. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

I caught myself in the cinema with my mouth agape.

23. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

AndrewSoup likes this.
  24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Domestic, but still!

Joe, Tim and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.