Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Persichetti & Ramsey; Dec 14, 2018) Movie • Page 28

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Jun 21, 2017.

1. GBlades

Trusted

Yes!

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

100% deserving

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

lets all celebrate this great occasion by watching it again tbh.

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Love that they included Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, Brian Michael Bendis, & Sara Pichelli in their list of thanks.

justin. and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I really hope this wins an Oscar. I still think Incredibles is gonna take it (even though it doesn't even TOUCH Spider-Verse), but here's hoping.

Davjs likes this.
  7. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

velvet underground pretty revolutionary honestly

Kingjohn_654 and neo506 like this.
  8. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

This was the first super hero movie I’ve seen since the first Avengers and I absolutely loved it!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. CobraKidJon

spider ham tv show PLEASE

Kingjohn_654, justin. and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I was finally able to watch this yesterday and now I really want to read both Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen comics. It’s amazing how this movie was able to get the audience to like so many characters and it has way more heart than I thought it would.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. CobraKidJon

Kingjohn_654, smowashere and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. CobraKidJon

13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

14. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Yeah, I didn't love this. The way different animation styles mixed was really great, but the humor and plot fell flat for me outside of Uncle Aaron's death. Once I got over the "wow they really made a movie plot about dimension-hopping Spider-people", I was ultimately disappointed that it didn't go further with the tools it had. Was honestly shocked when the movie ended that these characters had not gone to other comic universes visually within the story.

15. i honestly thought this movie was stuffed to the brim, i do not think adding the element of traveling to other universes would work, it’d be too much on top of everything else

16. Tim

Yeah, within the context of this film, Miles traveling to another universe wouldn't have worked for the story. This was Miles' film. The Spider-Verse wasn't the central idea; it was a tool for highlighting Miles' journey.

17. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

For those who have seen this in both imax 3D and regular, is it worth the extra $10 to rewatch this in IMAX as opposed to spending $5 to see it again in 2D? The imax theater is a lot farther from me and I want to see this again but not sure how out of my way I should go to improve the experience.

18. Tim

I wish I had seen this in IMAX 3D. :tear:

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Just came back from finally seeing this. Nothing I can say that hasn’t already been said here, I guess I wish it was a little longer, but I left really happy; very fun watch.

Kingjohn_654 and Davjs like this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 and PatRFinley like this.
  21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

22. ^Is this purple?

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  23. I keep returning to this clip. Kind of wish "What's Up Danger" blew up as much as Sunflower seems to have.

Tim likes this.
  24. It's awards season and I have A-List and there are so many choices and all I want to do is see Spider-Verse a third time.

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I saw this on I-40 west near Raleigh.

EC3BF501-E078-4BFF-BE12-8438600951FD.jpeg

neo506, Nyquist, Davjs and 1 other person like this.