Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Persichetti & Ramsey; Dec 14, 2018) Movie • Page 26

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Jun 21, 2017.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Is Peter Parker Earth 616 or Peter B Parker?

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

My audience applauded it maybe three times

This was even better on rewatch, though seeing it with more of my friends that haven't watched it yet may have helped greatly. It's the best film that L&M have worked on. The very few things that I wasn't as huge on the first time (like Kingpin) I enjoy a lot more. Honestly believe that this movie will be seen as something truly special once it passes the test of time

3. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Bought my ticket to see it for the second time tomorrow. Excited.

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The collider screen calls the world w/ Miles & dead Peter 1610, & "Peter B Parker" comes from 616.

As a comic book fan, I don't think either is really 616. Mainstream comic continuity is 616. Comics will often give numbers to earths where other media take place (Slott's Spider-Verse event included the Marvel vs Capcom Spidey & a few different animated ones, for example).

5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Goddamn this was great

RyanPm40 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  6. Where was the final battle with Kingpin supposed to be taking place behind all the visual effects?

I gotta say I would've loved to see a more "traditional" setting for that particular scene. It's my only one, minor quip.

7. In the lab where Green Goblin and blonde Peter Parker are killed around the time of the initial particle accelerator test, right?

8. CobraKidJon

oh yeah I didn't assume it was "true continuity" but I was trying extra hard to pay attention to every detail that I notice this last viewing so that threw me off for a secon

I thought that second was taking place in the collider

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

10. CobraKidJon

11. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Just got out from my second screening. Still loving the hell out of it

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. CobraKidJon

so many tiny details

13. Forever will laugh that Sony did this and not Marvel Studios. They made sooooo many movies and yet ...

14. It took Sony four consecutive mediocre-at-best Spider-Man movies, trying and failing to launch a cinematic universe to compete with Marvel Studios, to end up making this movie.

15. Tim

Depending on how you define "mediocre," it actually took 6 or 7 (if you count Venom). And, the most mediocre outside of SM 1&3 was the Marvel Studios one, imo. *shrug*

Nick, SpyKi, Jason Tate and 1 other person like this.
  16. CobraKidJon

Tim likes this.
  17. oakhurst Dec 30, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 30, 2018)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It was really good and the best spider-man, but revolutionary? I don’t think i’ll be watching this film for years to come like The Dark Knight. I’d even list Iron Man and The Winter Soldier above this easily.

flask and Why Bother? like this.
  18. I'm counting SM3, ASM1/2 and Venom. All offensively bad really except for ASM1, although I love a lot of stuff in ASM2. I see why you'd count Homecoming though. I'd say it was more forgettable than it was mediocre.

19. CobraKidJon

my friend told me hot topic is selling a bunch of Spider-Verse stuff so I’m looking into getting a Miles shirt.

20. Tim

On a purely craft level... It...was revolutionary? I mean, maybe not in the grand scheme of cinema, lol, but by Hollywood standards, in comparison to the films you listed, this was legitimately groundbreaking.

Semantics, etc., but a case can be made that mediocre fits forgettable films more than distinctly messy ones. Like, in spite of having a great villain & nailing all the high school stuff, I'd possibly argue Homecoming is the most "mediocre."

Like, at least SM3 was a very Raimi film (in spite of being forced to include Venom), the ASM films have a very distinct romantic & comic-book-y flair, & Venom embraces some fun b-movie vibes.

Though, I say often, there's not a Spider-film I don't own & can't enjoy. That's heavily influenced by my specific Spider-love, but still. There are X-Men & Superman films I don't mess with, so that's still something.

21. Tim

Seriously, the #spidersona trend on Twitter rules. I shared a couple recently, but here's a few more:

22. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

God I wish I could draw so I could do that

23. CobraKidJon

I really love how the art community has come out in full support of this movie and we are getting so many cool drawings.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I love them all

25. flask

Trusted Supporter

I don’t know if I’d go so far as to call it revolutionary? Like yeah matrix and dark knight are definitely groundbreaking and revolutionary. Will this influence pop culture and cinema the way those movies did? I think part of the gushing praise goes along with people desperately wanting this movie to succeed which I do too. I’ve seen it twice and I bug people all the time about going to see it and I’d definitely put it in my top 5 for the year.

oakhurst likes this.