Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Persichetti & Ramsey; Dec 14, 2018) Movie • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Ex friend.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Just teasing, lol. I love any time someone loves something. Especially something both good & Spider-Man.

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

there is a reason I always judge him and everything he does.

I think this movie, Coco and The LEGO Movie are the only ones that I’ve gone all out for.

4. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Joy To The World by Shameik is like legit great. Fucking love this little collection of songs

Jason Tate and disambigujason like this.
  5. CobraKidJon

6. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

miss thinking face Vince already

7. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Alright, I've seen this twice now and love it, cried both times. Now who's ready to talk about my "That wasn't Peter Parker that was Ben Reilly" fan theory.

joe.boy.fresh. and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  8. Tim

Nah.

I really want Ben Reilly in the sequel, though. Especially since the cowards will never pull that trigger in live action.

I'd like to see Spider-Man 2099, Superior Spider-Man, & Ben Reilly Spider-Man (or Scarlet Spider, though it'd be cool to have a bunch of non-Peter "Spider-Men") visit Miles in the sequel. The darker, grittier Spideys, to play off of Miles & Gwen. Maybe even leave everyone besides Miles & Gwen out of the sequel to give these other versions their turn, and then go full on Spider-Verse/Spidergeddon in the third one.

Man, I really want like a dozen films in this 'verse, lol.

9. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Did you see the all red suit in the spider-lair? The blonde hair? The "Anyone can be Spider-Man." message of the film?

Just a fun little head cannon haha.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Tim

But, the only reason Ben Reilly had blonde hair was to differentiate himself from Peter. Why would Ben then go by "Peter" & be married to MJ?

Sorry to rain on your head canon parade, lol, but... Nah.

11. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

My theory is that real Peter is dead and Ben basically assumed his place as spiderman. I think MJ and Aunt May knew about it and could have not gone public because clones? Really?

I know its probably not true but it's a fun thing to think about until its debunked by the creators or a sequel.

12. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I literally go to work everyday and get pissed that every show of this isn’t sold out.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I finally got a chance to see this.

Oh my god. It was everything I ever wanted and my heart is full. Happy holidays, y’all.

I got to the window to ask for tickets and said “two for Spider-Man please”. At the next window over there was a black family with a little kid wearing a Miles Spidey shirt. The kid looked at me when I said the title of the film and we exchanged smiles. When I was a kid, my parents got a traumatizing divorce and that was when I first disappeared into comic books. Spider-Man was my favorite. I watched him fighting for his marriage and struggling to make ends meet. He got back up and kept fighting every time. I saw myself in him and so he made me believe in myself. All those thoughts ran through my head when this kid smiled at me. Later we were sitting in the theater and the second Miles showed up on screen, that same kid said aloud to his father, “That’s Miles, dad!”

Man.

14. I’m so happy more people are on the Miles bandwagon now. (I remember arguing on AP.net for him to get a movie and why I wanted it more than another Peter Parker movie. And all these people told me I was stupid and the character was just affirmative action and blah blah blah. And I feel so vindicated now.)

Omni, AWasteOfATime, Serh and 7 others like this.
  15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

You see this yet?

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

pun intended?

Henry, Kingjohn_654, Tim and 2 others like this.
  17. Not yet. Been unfortunately too busy to finds time to get to the theatre. Especially since it’s not playing at any with reserved seating near me. Grrrrr. Hopefully this coming week.

jkauf likes this.
  18. Tim

I woke up early for no reason & couldn't fall back asleep, so since I was just talking about Homecoming last night, rewatched it this morning. Such potential, enough for me to eagerly await Far From Home, but the execution continues to feel... I dunno. Safe. Adequate. (And, pardon the broken record, but still too Iron-Man-y.)

Then, I took a youth group kid to see this movie. My 4th time. My gosh, it's still flawless.

Afterwards, I stopped by the mall to get my sister something for Christmas, & I saw the first Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man trade on sale for like $6. Got it for the youth group kid. Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't actually read it, lol, but I kinda hope he does. He dug the film, obviously.

19. Tim

Also, stray thought I've had each time but keep forgetting:

Doc Ock says her friends call her Liv. Later, Aunt May calls her Liv. In the comics, Otto likes May. Are we supposed to assume Liv & May were a thing? :chin:

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  20. CobraKidJon

yes that is 100% what I want to believe.

21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

22. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I feel like Prowler in this is everything they wanted Vulture to be in Homecoming. So intimidating.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

24. This was awesome

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. atlas

Trusted

I was fucking rolling at nearly every single thing Nic Cage said