Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Persichetti & Ramsey; Dec 14, 2018) Movie • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Jun 21, 2017.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

oh wow this was incredible

715creeks likes this.
  2. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I just noticed during the intro when Miles is singing Sunflower they change the lyrics from "she ride me like a cruise" to Miles singing "she drive me *cutoff*

I love that tiny detail.

715creeks likes this.
  4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

These probably ran their course, but...

Tim likes this.
  5. CobraKidJon

also I saw it a second time so I can look out for all the small easter eggs and stuff and it still was amazing. After reading that easter egg article, I noticed way more how many times 42 was used in the movie.

I saw this movie at a test screening back in July - I’m pretty sure our screening was one of the first ones they did. It was torture not being able to share my love for this film for so long. For the curious, here’s all the things I can remember that were different from the test screening:

• they cut a heart to heart scene between Peter and Miles that happened on a roof - I believe it occurs after Aaron dies but its been awhile so I could be getting the timing wrong. For the life of me I don’t remember exactly what they were saying but I remember being moved by this scene so I was very upset they cut it. It actually kind of affected my viewing experience this time around because I kept waiting for it to come on. I’m pretty sure peter was apologizing for being a shitty teacher and ruminating on his mistakes with MJ but it’s pretty fuzzy in my memory. (Edit: someone in the comments reminded me that this is the scene where Peter says “you don’t have to save the whole world, just focus on saving one person”)

• they also cut a lot out of the sequence where the spider crew sneaks into fisks gala. You know the line where they go “it can’t be that easy”? Yeah, the joke in the test screening was it WASNT that easy because the henchmen basically immediately realize who they are and say something to the effect of “do you think we’re stupid or something? Obviously we’re not gonna fall for the fact that y’all are waiters” I can’t really remember how they end up escaping - miles may have rescued them? I honestly can’t remember though since it’s been so long.

• Peter porker had a lot of his best lines cut which I was DEVASTATED about because they were some of my favorite parts. There’s a scene where he talks about one of his family members dying and he describes the smell as singed bacon. It’s hard to describe but the shock factor of that line was sooo hysterical. He also says fuck at one point, but it pops up as a bunch of “f*%#!”symbols in the speech bubble that appears so it’s just implied.

• the end scene where adult Peter reconnects with MJ wasn’t there, in the test screening I saw it just shows him calling her at the very end. I like this change a lot better because it’s a more satisfying resolution for him.

• in my test screening almost the entire climax was in storyboards so there’s a ton of stuff they changed from that - but it’s way too many random little things for me to remember.
    If I remember anything else I’ll update this. And if anyone else was in a test screening and remembers that Peter/ Miles scene on the roof, please let me know because it’s killing me that I can’t remember exactly when that scene took place.

6. CobraKidJon

triple post but:

zigbigwig likes this.
  7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Other than the one you said was storyboard, how "done" were the deleted scenes?

8. CobraKidJon

oh this was taken off a reddit post I saw commentating off the movie.

Tim likes this.
  9. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

jkauf likes this.
  10. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

This was fucking great! Definitely going to see it again next weekend.

11. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

13. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

This is the first time in a very long time where I’ve seen a movie twice in the theater opening weekend. So fucking great.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

You all were NOT kidding about this movie

RyanPm40 and Serh like this.
  15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

715creeks, neo506, Joe and 5 others like this.
  16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. drewinseries

Drew

Nothing more to add here. This was fantastic.

18. tvck

Trusted

Best animated movie I've ever seen, and just captured the true aesthetic of comic books. So well done. Phil Lord & Chris Miller really know how to make an animated movie. Also, talk about perfectly casting the voice talent.

19. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

Alright so I’ve been debating even asking this question but my 4 year old daughter really likes Spider-Man. I’m assuming she’s too young to see this

Change my mind

20. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I’m not changing your mind. Some of those action scenes are too much for a child under 7 and the themes are more mature.

Wait a little while.

21. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I figured that was the case but was hoping to be wrong

22. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I saw it w/ my nephew for his 5th birthday, & he loved it. But, it does have some intense action sequences, & Kingpin murders a couple people, so depends on the kid. *shrug*

23. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Superheroes have been teaching children about death for years now! You're never too young to understand the cruel nature of life!

I kid, I kid. It's definitely on the more intense side of PG. I agree that it depends on the kid. Some scenes can get pretty scary, and there are some genuinely sad parts that could be upsetting for a young one.

24. There was a sort of jump scare that startled some people in my theater.

25. tvck

Trusted

Yep, can vouch for that lol.