Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7, 2017) Movie • Page 91

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Exactly. And that's too bad. Especially because it undercuts so much of Spider-Man's inner loneliness and struggle and his relationship with Aunt May.

I think it would work best in a random way/crossing paths with Johnny Storm or something like that. But when we remember how powerful everyone else is in the world it lowers the stakes a bit in my mind.

2. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Yeah I'd rather it be a Defender than an Avenger

GettingSodas, RyanPm40 and Davjs like this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

One exception I'd be really into is something inspired by Spidey's battle with Firelord from the 80s.

It was a great story not altogether unlike his iconic conflict with Juggernaut from the same decade, where he's struggling against an enemy outside his typical range. What makes the Firelord story so fun to me is that, in the end, the Avengers come to help him, but he's already won without even realizing it: They find him still flailing desperately at this villain, scared that he's not gonna come out on top. A moment like that would be a fun way to end Homecoming 3 (which still should be called "Graduation," lol).

4. Tim

I do think that, with the less rigid Netflix schedule, this COULD happen someday. It probably won't, since Kevin Feige has seemingly no interest in using anything in his films that anyone else developed outside his circle of influence. But, if Feige and Loeb decided to give it a try, the scheduling pragmatics would work a lot better than your average television/movie crossover.

Though, since Daredevil in the series is more of the Miller, Bendis, Brubaker, etc. approach than he is the swashbuckler of the 60s and Waid's run, I don't think it'd be a good tonal fit for a while. Eventually, you could have an adult Peter team with Matt for something like the Death of Jean DeWolff. But, unless they're willing to give Daredevil a classic makeover, it'd be a tough sell for me right now.

5. I love Jake G, so this is exciting news.

[​IMG]

6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Hmmmm...idk how I feel about this

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Sinister Six build up more than likely. If Mysterio is a part of it then maybe we’ll get Gyllenhaal for more than one film? That would be nice.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

we're already 2/3 of the way to a sinister six with vulture, scorpion, shocker and mysterio, so doc ock for spidey 3?

GettingSodas likes this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Shocker was killed. I have a feeling they'll go a different route. I don't know if they use Doc Ock. There are tons of directions they can go.

I'd love something that includes Silvermane. That character is so weird and interesting.

10. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

It’d be cool to see Mysterio in cahoots with Dormammu, and that would link up with Dr Strange.

11. Tim

They've really tried to avoid repeating villains throughout all these films (besides Green Goblin/the Osborns in the last two iterations), which is a decision I get and largely enjoy. But, I do think Homecoming 3 having Doc Ock would be a good fit.

(And, for some reason, any time I try to picture who'd be great in that role, I end up with Zach Galifianakis.)

I don't think I'd like Vulture in the Sinister Six at this point, with where they left the character. Introducing the second Vulture, Blackie Drago, would be a good workaround while honoring Toomes' arc in Homecoming, though.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Man, that name is bad

GettingSodas likes this.
  13. I always end up picturing Edward James Olmos and I don't know why.

Henry likes this.
  14. Tim

Stan "the Man" Lee and "Jazzy" John Romita in the 60s, y'all. :spiderman:

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. Tim

I don't know if I'd go that old for Otto, but at the same time, I could see that working.

16. Yeah I don't know why I have always seen him.

But if you wanna go younger, I think someone in like the 30-45 range would work. I dunno ... Edgar Ramirez?

Let's just bring Tobey Mac back as a villain.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Tim

I had the passing thought of Galifianakis as Doc Ock before Wiig was cast as Cheetah in WW2, but if that works, it'll make me more confident of the choice. I think he could bring more heart than some people would think, while also having a fun off-kilter energy. Plus, I'd totally buy him courting Aunt Tomei, if that's something we wanna bring in, lol. (Though, I also don't want any more "hey guys look Aunt May is hot" jokes...)

"Tobey Mac"? What does Christian pop singer TobyMac have to do w/ villainy? ;-) But, yeah, I'd totally be able to root against Maguire in a Spider-Man film; certainly wouldn't be the first time I did so. Just make him a clone of Peter, and have him lose super embarrassingly.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. I worry Zach would ham it up. But maybe.

He is TobeyMac forever to me after seeing Molly’s Game.

19. Tim

lol. Maybe Tobey should play Boomerang. Though, as a big fan of Boomerang, I don't wanna accidentally like Tobey.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I've been wanting either Mysterio or King Pin as a Spider-Man villain for sooo long now, so I'm pretty pumped

Kingjohn_654 and Mrplum5089 like this.
  21. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Bokeem Woodbine's version is still alive.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Hey, you’re not too shabby yourself

GettingSodas, Kingjohn_654 and Joe like this.
  23. RyanPm40

People in here have me curious what everyone's top Spidey villains are. I'd say my top 5 are probably..

1. King Pin
    2. Mysterio
    3. Venom
    4. Doc Ock
    5. Green Goblin

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

1) Green Goblin
    2) Venom
    3) Lizard
    4) Kraven
    5) Vulture

I edited this 3 times and I’m still not sure if that’s my top 5. That’s a tough list to come up with.

Kingjohn_654 and Jason Tate like this.
  25. RyanPm40

Ahh, fuck, forgot Lizard.

I feel like my list shifts a lot, but Kraven would never make the list for me. I'm not quite sure why, but he's just never interested me that much.