Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7, 2017) Movie • Page 90

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Apr 13, 2016.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Gyllenhaal as Mysterio and Keaton returning is enough (as if I wouldn’t see this anyway lol) to get me hyped.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Would a fish bowl work? I imagine them going with more of a Daft Punk helmet.

3. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I’m so in

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Mysterio can be like Woden from W+D

[​IMG]

Anthony_, tucah and Joe4th like this.
  5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yes.

OH MY GOSH NO JUST DO THE DANG FISH BOWL

RyanPm40 and slimfenix182 like this.
  6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Raku and Henry like this.
  7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I am so excited about Mysterio. He and Kraven are my top that I want to see adapted next. I could see them going with the Ultimate version of Mysterio, but I kind of would love for them to just do a variation on the classic.

8. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Well, they have confirmed that another hero will be in the movie, I think the assumption of Strange is pretty accurate.

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Strange being in this would be legit. I’ve enjoyed the teamup between Spidey and Strange in the comics.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Spidey/Strange/Mysterio would be perfect

11. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Cumberbatch and Holland had great chemistry in IW and all their promo together too

12. Tim

I mean, Mysterio is traditionally just an illusionist, not an actual magician, which is a bad fit for a Doctor Strange story.

They've done mystical things with Mysterio (I think they're doing some dark magic stuff with him in Scarlet Spider comics right now, but I fell off that series for time reasons, so don't know the latest there on what's actually magical and what's him faking it), so it could work. And, it'd be a fun way to combine those two 60s Steve Ditko properties. But, my ideal take on the villain is totally the whole illusionist psychological warfare thing, with magic firmly out of the equation.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  13. Anthony_

Unless Spider-Man initially thinks Mysterio is using magic, so he grabs Doctor Strange for advice. They shouldn't have Doctor Strange actually go fight the guy though, for sure.

14. Davjs

Trusted

I agree, the fight would be over pretty quick if Strange joined. He could go to him for help and have Strange sigh and say "this isn't even magic, you'll be fine, stop wasting my time" and transport him away ( something along the lines of his awesome cameo from Thor 3)

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Tim

Hm. I guess. Like, if it's just a cameo and he's not in an Iron Man role, that could be fun. But, I think they said Homecoming 2 will have a character other than Iron Man in an Iron Man role, and it'd be hard to do that with Strange without taking the wind out of Mysterio's sails.

Maybe they could have Mysterio start as just an illusionist, have Spidey get Strange involved, and then have that process get Mysterio interesting in actual magic. Sort of a have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too situation. As a fan of Spidey and Strange's dynamic, I'd be able to accept that. But, part of me still really wants this villain more science-minded than magic-minded. *shrug*

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

100%. It'd be better suited to finally get across Peter's "genius" status.

Tim likes this.
  17. Anthony_

Yeah I mean I hope they don't give Mysterio actual powers as well, but it'd also be weird if Peter knew he was just an illusionist the entire time haha

Tim likes this.
  18. Tim

You know what'd be a fun choice for a Spider-Man film w/ Mysterio? Have him go to see Doctor Strange for help, but Strange is busy. Have Peter mostly interact w/ Wong & get into some brief hijinks there. You get the whole Strange angle in there, but you don't deflate Mysterio from what he should be.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Am I the only one that is just fine with, and would prefer, no other Avengers being in this movie?

20. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

:raises hand:

21. atlas

Trusted

Yeah I really like when Spider-Man is the focus of a Spider-Man movie

22. Anthony_

I would prefer no other Avengers be in it either, but they've apparently already confirmed one will be, unfortunately, so

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hype

24. Tim

Especially after Iron Man represented most of what Homecoming did wrong, I would totally prefer a Spider-Man film without an Avenger in a major role. Unfortunately, it sounds like they want a different Avenger to have a prominent role in each film.

I will say that, in my hypothetical dream world, Marvel cameos are great for Spidey. I love seeing him briefly cross paths with different characters in the comics while still mainly occupying his own vibrant corner of NYC. Doctor Strange in Thor: Ragnarok is a good template for how to do that (though doing the same gimmick so soon after Ragnarok might be unwise).

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  25. Anthony_

If it has to be anyone, I'm just over here wanting Spider-Man to team up with Daredevil (never gonna happen)

GettingSodas, RyanPm40 and Davjs like this.