Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7, 2017) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Apr 13, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

enough that they couldn't afford him and Keaton

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Feige says that Marvel has 100% creative control over the film.

justinbullock likes this.
  3. justinbullock

Formerly Juice182

lets hope this is more of a "no avi arad input" situation and less of a "age of ultron" situation.

4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

that's super disappointing that they're prioritising RDJ.

5. devenstonow

Noobie

6. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

From a business aspect, it's not in the least surprising. Keaton is a phenomenal actor, but the main chunk of MCU fans are a younger generation that Keaton does not excite. Doesn't go for everyone, but statistically, RDJ/Iron Man is a huge main attraction to the franchise, possibly even responsible for the start of it being successful. Keaton likely had a role that is not nearly as prominent, therefore the pay was made equivalent to what the studio felt was appropriate, and he is too good of an actor to settle for it.

Edit: And when I said "too good," I don't mean a personality issue, more so he is literally above the role/pay that another less successful actor can take and possibly flourish from.

Raku likes this.
  7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Really wonder what villain they're gonna go with for Homecoming. I'm still nervous about the two writers doing the script, but I have faith in Marvel. Part of me thinks Kraven or the Vulture, but I would not be surprised if we did see the Green Goblin. It's been 15 years since we saw the Green Goblin (not Harry)

justinbullock and Raku like this.
  8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I really just want to see a villain that hasn't made it to the big screen yet

9. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Title certainly makes more sense after seeing Civil War (it's one of the Winter Soldier trigger words). Intrigued how that ties in w/ Spidey.

Raku likes this.
  10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The meta jokes about how young Marisa Tomei is for an Aunt May really irked me in Civil War. It just felt like the most obnoxious way to address that aunt May is now young and hot, which annoys me on a personal level with how unfriendly the climate is for older actresses.

Whalejaw likes this.
  11. justinbullock

Formerly Juice182

meta jokes?

12. Nathan

RDJ straight up said she doesn't look like an aunt/she's super hot and that's weird

justinbullock likes this.
  13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

She's actually normal age for Peter's aunt (I'm guessing in the comics she's his great aunt?)

14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I've been dying for Mysterio for years :(

15. Raku

Regular

Well to be fair the actress is in her 50s, she doesn't have to look that old. If it eases people she could have a line dropping how old she is and how she takes good care of her body?

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah I'd really like to see him in a film

17. Nathan

I'll admit the Aunt May thing is a minor complaint, I just simultaneously am bummed that Marisa Tomei and Sally Field have been relegated to being Aunt May when they can capably and phenomenally handle their own films, and that someone in the ilk of Rosemary Harris, who likely doesn't have a shot at the kind of roles Field and Tomei do, doesn't get a shot at all

18. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I think it's because she doesn't look her age. I mean, it's not unrealistic thinking she could be Peters aunt at all. Peter is supposed to be 16/17, and say May is 35 when he's born(not an unusual age to become an aunt). It's not weird actually

19. smoke4thecaper

Marisa Tomei is very striking and she's 51, which would make perfect sense for Peter at that age. For a general audience unfamiliar w/ who she is, they have to reference that b/c an outsider would likely be surprised that she's older than she appears.

Now does this mean we have to see Uncle Ben die again? No mention of him in the movie so I'm curious.

AndrewSoup and Ryan like this.
  20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I feel like Ben's dead.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  21. smoke4thecaper

Could see it as a flashback or something....but I hope not.

22. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I know he'd probably say no, but it'd be a nice nod if Toby Maguire came back just to be Uncle Ben in a flashback

SpyKi and smoke4thecaper like this.
  23. morgantayler May 12, 2016
    (Last edited: May 12, 2016)
    morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I'm pretty sure he has already died. I read an article HitFix did about some of the sets from Civil War and it said they deliberately made Peter's walls bare to give the impression that they haven't been living there long. Meaning he and May had to move to a smaller place that she could afford by herself.

Ryan and ChaseTx like this.
  24. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Really? I noticed the walls, and the apartment didn't have a lot in it but didn't think about that. Sad now

25. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Here's the passage about it, I think they're just assuming he's already died but I imagine it's true.

What the production design of ‘Captain America: Civil War’ reveals about the movie’s characters

Tim likes this.