Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7, 2017) Movie • Page 35

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

2. Dodge725

Trusted

I like the trailer but this doesn't do much to alleviate my fears that there's gonna be too much Iron Man/Tony.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Between this and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 it's nice to be excited about a comic book movie again

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Jdaniels, coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  5. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

6. Tim

Based on Kevin Feige's talk about a high school trilogy, plus the way Tom Holland's contract is written, I kinda doubt that she meant what that article thinks she meant. Reminds me of the recurring hubbub about how much longer Chris Evans is gonna play Cap. Maybe there's some behind-the-scenes debate over the non-MCU Sony Marvel projects or something, but I'm not too concerned.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Chris Evans has always been all over the place about his role. lol

8. Tim

Yeah, but people have blown it out of proportion over and over, imo. Granted, that's the bread and butter of comic book movie gossip blogs, lol. I think it's always been clear that he both loves the character and hates the grind, and those stories always break at the worst moments of the grind.

9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I'm assuming every end credits scene for the next 4 mcu films will be connected to Infinity War

coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  11. Tim

Jdaniels, coleslawed, SpyKi and 2 others like this.
  12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I'm never gonna be able to watch this movie without laughing now

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. I'm just saying if Shea Labouf starts running around saying "no no no no no" in that scene, it wouldn't surprise me.

DrAlanGrant and Zac Djamoos like this.
  14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I'm not gonna have a harder time accepting this Vulture costume than I had accepting Jamie Foxx's Electro or either cinematic Green Goblin.

As far as Transformer aesthetics go, I find Justice League's Cyborg and the new Power Rangers robot closer to Transformers, but with even less visual character.

RyanPm40 and Raku like this.
  15. Leftandleaving

Green goblin used to terrify me when I was a kid. Now, uh, not so much

16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

17. Was afraid of that. :-/

Tim likes this.
  18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Could be cool. Very interested to see how this all plays out

Raku likes this.
  19. Tim

I initially liked the idea of Tony helping Peter with tech, thinking it could be a really cool and fun dynamic, but I'm definitely in the stage where it seems like way too much way too fast. I'll reserve full judgment 'til I see the movie, but so far, I'm not happy with how it's playing out.

Adrian Villagomez, RyanPm40 and SpyKi like this.
  20. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Well....there is the third suit that was reported before. So, Tony's suit, Peters "vigilante" homemade suit, and I'm guessing a better looking one Peter makes himself ?

Raku likes this.
  21. Raku

Regular

I'm not sure how I feel about this...

Seriously, if I tried to even type out my own thoughts (which I tried for a bit then went back and deleted), I would probably end up with a mess of a paragraph (or two) of complete ramblings because I'm not sure how I feel about Peter having his own JARVIS given to him by Tony... I guess as it stands, I'm neutral, but feeling confused as to how we continue from here.

Well that makes sense.

We'll start off the film with the suit that Tony Stark gave Peter Parker during the events of Civil War then at some point he'll go back to one of his early homemade costumes (possibly the one teased back in Civil War with the goggles). Finally towards the end of the film (or at the end of the film) he'll have the costume that we're used based on Tony Stark's suit, but with little to no tech because he's basically on his own now.

22. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'd be very happy if this film ends with him rejecting all of Stark's stuff and making his own, better looking, suit.

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I think that'd be cool. Especially after the scene where Tony tells him "if you need it, you're not meant to have it" or whatever, if that's what makes him find his "true self" and make his own suit.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  25. Leftandleaving