Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7, 2017) Movie • Page 34

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I thought that take wasn't even lukewarm. Thor 1/2 are horrendous.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. The Vulture costume look really silly.

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

^ Now that's a bad take, lol. I absolutely love the Vulture's look in this. Perfect marriage of the silly classic costume and modern comic book film sensibilities. I'm all in on using a flight jacket to create the fluff around his neck.

Raku likes this.
  4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I love the fluff. Obviously the Vulture's classic costume would look ridiculous but I love a nod to it.

Raku likes this.
  5. He looks like a Transformer.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  6. Tim

Wow, I do not see that even a little.

Raku likes this.
  7. Jason Tate Mar 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 28, 2017)
    They went to Spidey suit being very ... tech ... really fast. And that he seems so reliant on the tech to start ... bugs me a tad.

RyanPm40 and SpyKi like this.
  8. Ya, that trailer showed too much. I only have myself to blame for watching it, but I hate when trailers spoil the ending of huge action set pieces. The movie looks good, though.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. [​IMG]

Greg likes this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

But, short of growing real wings how is he suppose to fly without metal wings? And his helmet is needed for the wind resistance.

Raku likes this.
  11. I don't think I commented on either of those?

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I think the Vulture suit looks fine. It's a good modern take on it.

Raku likes this.
  13. [​IMG]

That is funny though. (Except the eye thing.) Although, I always liked that he made his own (pretty natural) suit. The suction method of putting it on felt very Flash.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. [​IMG]

That's some not great CG.

15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

How much does someone that does CG make on a movie like Spiderman?

16. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I was pretty in on this and Jason literally saying a negative thing about it every comment ruined it a little, my fault for looking in the thread though

Raku likes this.
  17. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I think I'm in the wrong business...

coleslawed and Raku like this.
  18. I think ILM does a lot of the Marvel stuff, if I'm not mistaken.

Pretty good money depending on the actual roll/position. VFXers I know are all over six figures, salaried here in Portland in relatively small shops.

19. Hah, of course you gotta make commercials 90% of the time. But if you could work at Pixar/ILM/Disney ... oohhhh boy would that be a blast.

The Laika people have a lot of fun though. Helps they're bankrolled by Nike's founder's kid.

Deanna likes this.
  20. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I've looked at some social media coordinator type positions at Marvel, but no luck. Disney seems hard to get interviews with. At this rate, I might forever be jobless haha.

21. Yeah, I knew a few people at Pixar, and basically Disney/Pixar/Marvel are crazy hard to get even in the door at. Like, you had to be in the top of the top to even get interviews. Do you follow Todd Vaziri on Twitter? Really great follow who has done a lot of the vfx work on these movies (and Star Wars),

(Marvel's website still not being retina makes me cranky.)

22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

My application for social media coordinator at Marvel is surprisingly still open. I do not follow him but I will go do that now!

My external monitor isn't retina so I probably didn't even notice that. But I think the site could use an update in general. I do know some people at Marvel (kinda) because I helped show them how to do timestamps and podcast chapters for This Week In Marvel. But they're all in the NY office I'm pretty sure and I'd feel weird asking them to look into it for me.

Tim and Jason Tate like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the Spider-man from Youtube is killing me for some reason

24. Tim

Yeah, still don't see it. Just looks like a basic mechanical design, which is what Vulture should be. Could have a little more color I guess, but mostly looks fine.

I legit love this costume so much, lol. I'm all about that hood.

Raku and RyanPm40 like this.
  25. [​IMG]

Shoulda gone full SS.

Adrian Villagomez and Tim like this.