Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7, 2017) Movie • Page 33

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Now I think I might be on the "too much Iron Man overshadowing Spidey" boat.

I'm scared he'll just be another cog in the Avengers machine.

carrytheweight likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Love the home made suit.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I don't like that he feels like he needs a suit from Iron Man to be Spiderman. Honestly i don't like how mild mannered he is in general, hoping he has a bit more of a backbone in the film.

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Great trailer. Though I don't know why they felt the need to show a couple scenes twice.

5. airik625

He's a High School kid. I don't mind it.

6. wordzanddreamz Mar 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 28, 2017)
    wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Yeah I was going to say, the fact is that he is finally YOUNG. He has to grow into it. I'm sure he'll feel differently by the end of the film. I think that is kind of the point.

Raku, Letterbomb31 and airik625 like this.
  7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

A little more excited for this after that trailer.

8. SpyKi

I feel like it makes even less sense for a high school kid, ha. They're usually pretty angsty. If he develops during the film than that's great, that's what I'm hoping for.

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I still would prefer Spidey being Spidey w/out Iron Man in such an integral role, but this trailer did give me more hope that Tony's involvement will work thematically. The dynamic between Peter, Tony, and the Vulture could be cool.

Love that his homemade costume has hints of Scarlet Spider and Spider-Man Noir to it. Definitely looking forward to him donning it for some of the movie. Also really want this to end with an updated main costume that takes away those freakin' black bars, lol, come on. (Speaking of costumes, love that Iron Man's armor color scheme is, indeed, inspired by Ultimate Iron Man.)

Hopefully there's a lot more high school stuff than this trailer let on. I prefer older Peter to high school Peter, but the best way for this to really separate itself from other films is to lean into that better realized high school dynamic. I want Ned, Liz, Zendaya's character (is that MJ rumor still prevalent?), and Flash (who I don't think we've seen at all yet) to all have a decent bit of screen time. The best way for this to appeal to me isn't more Iron Man or a cool villain, but rather a stronger, more fleshed out supporting cast than the previous Spider-films.

There are people online who are calling this trailer spoilery 'cause of course there are... lulz.

Overall, I can't not be excited for a new Spider-Man film, and I also can't not be excited for a new MCU film. I don't think this is gonna be amazing or anything, but I do find myself more and more interested in the movie, so that's good.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  10. I don't think there will be time for fleshing out supporting characters. However good this may look, it looks just as jam-packed as every Spidey film since Spider-Man 2, except for maybe ASM1.

11. airik625

It makes less sense that a high school kid is unsure of himself/his abilities?

Raku and slimfenix182 like this.
  12. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm just waiting for them to tell us Donald glovers role

13. SpyKi

No that he's so nice and polite. It was kind of a joke.

14. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I turned it off after about two minutes. Was showing wayyyyy too much for me.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  15. Tim

It really doesn't look jam-packed, though. Action-packed? Sure, but that's not the same thing at all. We know that there's the story of Peter trying to prove himself, and we know there's the Vulture and his minions. There's absolutely still room to make the most of Peter's classmates.

Raku and Why Bother? like this.
  16. SpyKi

Yeah there doesn't feel like that much to me. Even in this two minute trailer it showed a lot of the same scenes as the first. I'm hoping there's a lot of high school stuff too.

Raku and Tim like this.
  17. Tim

Me: "There are some things I would've liked to see more of in this trailer."

The Internet: "The new Spider-Man trailer is full of spoilers! It shows too much!"

Me: " . . . "

18. SpyKi

Also I'm watching ASM now and i just love this Peter Parker/Spiderman.

Tim likes this.
  19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

that's a lot of iron man. also weird that the trailer had a full narrative arc lol

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

theater usher

Raku and Davjs like this.
  21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Very excited for this.

22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I'm not even going to watch it. Marvel's trailer rollout typically follows the same formula every time:

Trailer 1: Typically called a "teaser," even though they're actually full trailers, this establishes a tone, shows off the look of the cast and gives a glimpse at the plot. In all, these are perfect trailers. (See: the first Homecoming trailer, the first trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, etc.).

Trailer 2: This trailer essentially gives away the plot of the film, but typically does not go so far as to spoil the ending. It outlines the story beats, divulges many character motivations, and generally shows way too much. There is almost invariably at least one shot or sequence lifted from the final confrontation of the film.

Trailer 3: If there is a third trailer, typically it is just a reassembling of the second trailer with a bit of new footage thrown in as well. The cat's been out of the bag for weeks at this point, so it almost doesn't even matter what they show anymore.

Personally, I usually always watch the first trailers and then avoid everything after like the plague to stay unspoiled.

RyanPm40 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  23. airik625

24. Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  25. Let's hope so. I just want a story that can breathe and take its time, like the first Iron Man or Spider-Man 2.

Letterbomb31 likes this.