Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7, 2017) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Apr 13, 2016.

1. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

i'm cautiously excited for this. I just loved the Garfield take on spidey too much. and that's coming from a kid that grew up with the tobey trilogy.

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I usually let movie-logic things like this slide and I'm sure it won't impede my enjoyment of the new Spider-Man too much, but whenever I see Spidey's eyes moving in costume, I'm just like... That was an in-universe priority? Making the suit's eyes expressive? How does he control that?

3. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I think my assumption is that, since it's apparently a Tony design, the mask reads his facial expressions and matches it?

Also, the title is whatever but I can only hope I never see a "One More Day" subtitle.

4. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

I completely agree with this. I slow-burn Netflix series for Spider-Man would be so good!

Raku likes this.
  5. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

Obviously the movie will be perfect if it features: 1) The Spider-mobile 2) The One More Day plot line and 3) a homecoming dance battle between Spider-man and Vulture. I need those 3 to happen.

AndrewSoup and Nyquist like this.
  6. KimmyGibbler

Is RJ Cyler (Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl) too old to play Miles Morales?

7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Conflicted about the logo. I get what they were going for - it just doesn't seem to be executed well.

8. Nyquist

I reeeeeeaaaaally want Miles to be 13 years old if he ever gets introduced in the MCU. His age is a unique part of his story.

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. KimmyGibbler

You're right, it would probably need to be a complete unknown.

10. Nyquist

It's the one reason I'm disinterested every time one of my friends mentions Donald Glover again. Don't get me wrong, I think he's hilarious, but I want Miles to be a kid.

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

AndrewSoup, Raku, ChaseTx and 2 others like this.
  12. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

he will be a bird man, man. like birdman, man.

13. KimmyGibbler

I love Keaton, but I don't know if I see him as Vulture.

14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I think some fan speculation is that he's JJJ.

thedrudo likes this.
  15. KimmyGibbler

I would back that!

thedrudo likes this.
  16. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

That's a pretty cool idea.

17. chris

Trusted Supporter

I hope they justify that subtitle, cause as it stands it's pretty bad. Logo's whatever also.

Edit: relooking at it closer, Oof that font.

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Would assume it's a very loose adaption of the comic book. without the symbiote costume tho.

Raku likes this.
  19. IATAvalanche

Regular

Spiderman: High School Musical

20. I bet you the first trailer will feature a chill, feel-good song like Hooked On A Feeling.

Nick likes this.
  21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I still think the subtitle sounds like a perfect fit for what they're clearly going for. I'm not in love with it because, as anyone who's ever seen me post should know, I'm still bummed this isn't Miles Morales or an older Peter played by Andrew Garfield, lol. But, if you think a Peter Parker film set in high school sounds good, being disappointed with "Homecoming" seems really weird to me.

The font for "SPIDER-MAN" looks terrible, though. After Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, etc. perfectly adapted the comic logo, I dunno how this happened.

awakeohsleeper, ChaseTx and Nick like this.
  22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Strange changed recently didn't it? Maybe the same thing will happen here?

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Oh, I had actually overlooked that. I actually liked the old Strange one better, lol. The new one is less interesting, but at least it still looks good. This Spider-Man one looks literally amateur.

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

GOTG changed too. But I don't think either were as substantial as this needs to be a decent logo.

25. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Or "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head"

Why Bother? likes this.