Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man Gets to Go to Homecoming • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 13, 2016.

1. thenewline

Oldtimer

It's in reference to a spider man comic book arc, not a high school dance.....

Raku likes this.
  2. Mike

As a few others have said, I loved it too. I thought it was a solid movie - a few cringe worthy moments but probably my favourite Spiderman movie out of the 5. I thought Andrew Garfield was a great spiderman, the only problem I had was the ending.. really no need to have added the last two minutes of the movie. I also thought the soundtrack was, by far, the best.

As for the next reboot. I won't be supporting it, I might catch it when it's out on DVD. Once was enough, Sony should have worked it out with the previous creative team/Andrew Garfield. Which is unfortunate because Spiderman is probably my favourite comic book character.

3. Rothman said it was in reference to high-school as well as Spider-Man and Marvel.

Raku likes this.
  4. I just want someone to explain this to me.

[​IMG]

Eric likes this.
  5. Chinesefood

Regular

That'll be, what, the 7th time we've swung into theaters to see Spiderman? Let's hope they get it right this time.

Raku likes this.
  6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

It's like a shitty title card for a Spider-Man cartoon. Ironically enough the new cartoon movie title card looks better than this

Eric likes this.
  7. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

It's good to know that I'm not alone in my movie tastes haha!

Honestly, I enjoyed pretty much everything about ASM2... They could've condensed things here and there, completely removed the Rhino, and introduced the Goblin sooner...But I loved the story it had to offer- A great cinematic popcorn flick.

I think I'm ready to give Marvel a whack at Spidey. I know Sony is still greatly involved, but since Kevin Feige is involved, I have some semblance of faith that this will be done right.

8. bristphili

chill out guys! they logically needed another reboot to fit Spidey into the MCU, and apparently his appearance is one of the best things about Civil War. Logo is dumb. but i think this movie could be great

Eric and Raku like this.
  9. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

Sony's involvement is limited to to pretty much just distribution. Marvel has most of the creative control. That knowledge in hand I'm pretty stoked for the new movie.

Raku likes this.
  10. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

11. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

Supposedly Chris Evans and RDJ were on set in Atlanta for the new Spidey movie, which would be in line with the Homecoming comic. To my understanding though it's mainly a pun (Spider-Man coming home to the MCU). So far Marvel hasn't been entirely beholden to the titles they've chosen for their movies.

Raku likes this.
  12. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Spiderman prom night is the sequal

Raku and Jason Tate like this.
  13. ASM2 is my favourite interpretation of Peter Parker/Spidey, especially the Gwen relationship stuff. Garfield killed it in that role. This has big expectations... hopefully it delivers! I'm honestly still thinking about that Dr. Strange trailer...

14. Raku

Regular

I'm hoping this will be better than TASM movies that Sony put out (wasn't a fan of Garfield), and hopefully as good as the first two Spider-man films (I liked the third one, but I can see why the general audience bashes it).

15. Eric

Regular

I enjoyed AS2 quite a bit, didn't hate it like some people do, but it's crazy if you say it's your favorite of all 5 SM movies. I really think SM2 of the original trilogy is the best and I'm pretty sure that's kinda the general consensus. I think the love is mostly due to how well Doc Ock is done but I also think it's very well put together compared to any of the others

16. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Microsoft word art ftw

17. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Actually that's he third one. The sequel is Spider-Man Sadie Hawkins Dance.

Eric and Ryan like this.
  18. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Relient K can do the theme song

19. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I'm pleasantly surprised to see all the love for the ASM movies in here. I recognize how flawed they are (mostly because Sony didn't let Marc Webb just do his thing), but I thought Andrew brought a real sense of charisma and vitality to the role that was sorely lacking in the Sam Raimi films. I often had a hard time believing those were real people talking to each other with all that terrible dialogue.

I love Spider-Man so damn much, but even I'm a little beaten down seeing him change faces so many times within the time frame that Daniel Craig has been James Bond. Whatever went down behind the scenes between Andrew and Sony, I'll always lament that I'll never get to see him and RDJ trading barbs...that would've made my year.

Really excited hearing all the positive feedback about Tom Holland, though. Cannot wait to see how Spidey impacts Civil War.

20. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

Spiderman is my favorite comic book hero, but I'm out.

21. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Can't wait for Civil War, I'm gonna lose it when I see him

Eric Wilson likes this.
  22. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing it tonight!

Ryan likes this.
  23. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Eric Wilson likes this.
  24. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha. I've had tickets for about a month now. Preview showings are all sold out now.