Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Jon Watts, July 2, 2019) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 1, 2018.

1. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

2. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

We got the fishbowl my dudes

Why Bother? and Davjs like this.
  3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Don't think that looks good.

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

We're gonna get a lot more Zendaya, which makes me happy.

The costume design is better than Homecoming, though not better than Infinity War.

They're basically going full blown "Worldwide"-era Spider-Man, which is interesting.

Yep. That's every positive first impression I can conjure.

5. GBlades

Trusted

So happy we are getting the fishbowl! It looks a lot more.... actionlike which is a damn good thing. I just hope it's not "too many" villains for the movie .

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I really like what I’m seeing of Mysterio but who knows. The only negative things I got from the trailer are the elementals. I’m not buying them.

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Starting the trailer off with more Aunt May crap like in the first movie. oof.

It looks okay I guess. That trailer really didn't excite me

Aregala likes this.
  8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Looks good to me.

Davjs likes this.
  9. GBlades

Trusted

[​IMG]

10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

It looks cool

Maverick likes this.
  11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Ehh, nothing too fantastic, but fun. Are they presenting Mysterio as an ally at first or something?

Probably got infl

12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I like that Nick Fury is in it, along with fishbowl Mysterio

BornToRun and Davjs like this.
  13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

pretty excited for this. I like the vibe, the humor, the suits. Peter and MJ. I'm in.

14. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

First ~45 seconds or so have different scenes in the international trailer.

15. Tim

I can't wait for them to "he's not playing Khan" this film's marketing, downplaying Mysterio's obvious villainy. Then, *shockingly* he will end up being the actual cause behind these Elementals, who will end up being actors or machines.

Like, I get that comics, particularly Marvel, have been doing that whole obvious kayfabe thing for decades. "Nothing will ever be the same!" But, like... I dunno. Here, it's distracting. We all know he's a villain. The only "twist" possible is whatever reveal about the motivation & goals. I really hope the second trailer plays with us knowing he's not a hero, instead of trying to sell it as what it's clearly not.

As for Mysterio's design... Eh. Basically what I expected. It's not much worse than what Raimi or Webb could've done, but for allegedly being the "good" version of Spidey that "finally gets him right," I'm unimpressed. And, as I've said before, I like what they did with Vulture. But, this is just... I would've been pumped about it a decade ago.

Happy & May is stupid. Nothing else to say there.

I don't know how to feel about the emphasis on action when Homecoming thrived off the high school stuff (which they kinda messed with in this premise) and felt the flattest during action. There's a possibility that, on the second try and with both different toys and a different toy box, the final product will be a lot more interesting. Slott's "Worldwide" era felt as much as Spidey as a weird Spider-Verse character does, but it was a cool alternate version, so maybe this will have that same vibe. You obviously can't judge CGI off a first teaser. But, in a world with a revolutionary animated film and a hit video game, it'll be a lot harder for this spectacle to impress.

And, yeah, the trailer itself doesn't feel like a great trailer to me.

16. Davjs

Trusted

I didn't expect this at all!

For a first look this looks great. I'm sure a better trailer will follow, but honestly it's not needed. Already sold.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  17. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I think Mysterio looks great

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I actually wasn’t really excited for this movie at all except for the casting, but this trailer gets me a little hyped.

19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Mysterio looks great.

20. Tim

I happy that y'all are happy. But as far as I'm concerned... This ain't it.

Thank goodness 2019 looks like a very strong year for Spider-Man comics.

Shakriel and Letterbomb31 like this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

2019 is also now the unofficial year of Nick Fury. He’ll be in 3 films in 5 months (implying he’s in Endgame).

Davjs likes this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

If he doesn't deal the final blow on Thanos with Howard the Duck on his back (like how Pikachu rides on Ash) then all these films will have been for nothing and I will have wasted 10 years of my life.

23. BackyardHero11

Trusted

No truer words have been spoken haha

Davjs likes this.
  24. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Spider-Man Noir suit at 1:52-53 pretty cool.

Vase Full Of Rocks and Davjs like this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

The suit AI Karen needs to mask his voice to sound like Nick Cage when in that suit.

coleslawed likes this.