Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Jon Watts, July 2, 2019) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 1, 2018.

1. drewinseries

Drew

Bottom is ASM1 for me. Raimi, then Homecoming minus AI.

2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

For film suits it would probably go

1) Stark suit (even though I dislike the AI, I think the design is perfect)
    2) Iron Spider
    3) ASM 2 suit
    4) Raimi suit
    5) ASM suit

RyanPm40 and drewinseries like this.
  3. drewinseries

Drew

I didnt include Iron Spider, but yeah, that's legit.

4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

ASM2 > the others > Raimi

ECV likes this.
  5. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I honestly think this new one is my favorite on screen suit. I'm also partial to ASM2 and the homemade suit though

6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Ignoring Karen, I think the Stark Suit is easily the best suit if we're going by looks alone as well as seeing the eyes move.

ASM2 suit is a very close second

7. RyanPm40

Totally agree. Although I'd swap 2 and 3

8. *sigh*

I am still mad at that decision.

Nick, awakeohsleeper and Tim like this.
  9. Both ASM suits are way above the others. The ASM2 suit is perfect.

Nick, ECV, jkauf and 1 other person like this.
  10. RyanPm40

I totally understand why the ASM2 suit would be someone's favorite but I cannot understand the appeal of the ASM1 suit over Homecoming when judging based on looks alone.

Is it just the appeal of "hey, this is a suit a kid could actually make in real life"?

11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

ASM2 is easily the best visually.

In a vacuum, I might like the Infinity War design (as variant for a special situation) a hair more than the ASM design. Mostly because I love the Ben Reilly Spidey suit it's based on. But, as a Spider-Man film's primary suit, ASM is easily better.

I still remember seeing ASM and being so impressed by how much it *felt* like Spider-Man. In spite of the redesigned elements, it captures the *feel* in a way that's hard to articulate.

12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I still need to watch the ASM movies.

13. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I'll still defend ASM2 as being a pretty good movie. It's at the very least better than the first and last Raimi movies

Mrplum5089 and slimfenix182 like this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

blasphemy

Kuri44 likes this.
  15. Tim

I will say ONE good thing about the Homecoming suit:

It found a way to recreate the web armpits.

In a different context, that's dope.

Jason Tate and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. RyanPm40

I think Electro and Green Goblin were kind of disappointing but it definitely did a fantastic job at feeling like a Spidey comic tone-wise, visually, and the wise-cracking humor.

As far as villains go, I think the ASM movies did the best job with The Lizard

It is still easily one of my favorite SM movies, regardless. Between SM2, ASM2 and Homecoming, it's really a toss-up for me for my favorite depending on my mood

17. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

It's just hard for me to get past my dislike of the Tobey/Franco/Dunst core. I like SM2 a lot despite that. I have no urge to ever watch 1 or 3 again though

Tim, Jason Tate and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I really feel like the Raimi movies single handedly ruined most people's perception of MJ. Then the ASM movies came along and made Gwen a way more compelling character than she ever was in the comics and everyone jumped on the "Go Gwen, fuck MJ" train. I think that's a not insignificant part of the reason why I'm not huge on the Raimi movies. That plus I just do not buy Tobey and Franco as Peter and Harry. 2 is easily the best of the trilogy, but I still think it's massively overrated (it's good but it hasn't really aged all that well).

I will say they did a good job with the villains (except Venom) and J. Jonah Jameson.

Tim and smowashere like this.
  19. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Tim likes this.
  20. Tim

There are like 5 different ongoing Spider-Man series being launched in November-January (excluding the Spidergeddon event, though a couple of the ongoings do initially launch out of that event). I might make a post in the general Spider-Man thread eventually to spotlight 'em. Such a good time to be a Spider-Man fan.

Too bad I'm not into Amazing Spider-Man, but the new Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man comic should be a better Peter book. Tom Taylor (All-New Wolverine) is a great fit.

21. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Not a fan of using a black/red suit in this one. I'd rather they save that as a distinct color scheme for Miles and, if they ever decided to go this route, Superior Spider-Man.

Overall, I'd rank the past suits as:

1) ASM2 suit
    2) Homecoming suit
    3) Iron Spider
    4) Raimi suits
    5) ASM1 suit

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Tim

As someone who really likes Superior Spider-Man as a concept (I'm excited for the upcoming return of the character from Gage, Hawthorne, & Bellaire)... There's no way they do that.

I could see him appearing in Sony's animated Spider-Verse. And, if Sony makes another live action film w/ Spider-Man separate from Marvel Studios, I could see a standalone Superior Spider-Man film. But, I can't imagine MCU Tom Holland Spidey being taken over. I'd say there's a better chance of them bringing back Chris Evans down the road for something inspired by Secret Empire.

Anyways. As much as the different Spidey costumes are clearly inspired by toy sales, I do hope we keep getting cool redesigns. Still waiting for the Future Foundation look. And, with or without Venom, I think something visually inspired by the black suit is inevitable.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. RyanPm40

Something about the way he emotes his eyes in this picture makes me think of Deadpool. Really cool artwork though

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

25. Landrick Robert

Stay Gold

Watch this take place before Infinity War.

Davjs likes this.