Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Jon Watts, July 2, 2019) Movie • Page 70

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 1, 2018.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'd still put Kraven kind of lower on my list of villains I'd like to see, but still think a really good movie could come from his character being in it

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. justin. Nov 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2020)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Amy and Sony are apparently pushing for Tobey's Peter to be the "Uncle Ben" to Tom's Peter AKA Tom sees Tobey as a father/uncle figure.

Pretty sure Feige wouldn't be down, but who knows. I think it would be dumb and that Happy could easily fill any sort of "uncle ben" role if they feel like Peter needs one.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

A spiderman mentored by an older spiderman?

Jeeze, Sony just really doesn't want a live action Miles, huh?

5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

How many mentors does one Spider-Man need

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’d like that. Also if it’s true that’s what Sony wants then it will probably happen. I feel like if Feige doesn’t allow it then Sony will threaten to take Peter from the MCU again.

7. RyanPm40

I just want an independent Spider-Man. They seemed to hint that they would at the end of Homecoming and then did a complete 180.

Oskarr likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just bring in Italian Spider-man to mentor him

Tim likes this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah can they just make a fucking normal Spider-Man movie please

Oskarr, RyanPm40 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This.

At this point it's as though they're actively trying to give me reasons to not watch them.

Oskarr likes this.
  11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This whole Tobey rumor comes from DanielRPK anyways, so take it with a giant grain of salt, lol. Dude has been all over the place with the Spidey 3 rumors he’s shared.

He’s got a reliable enough track record from what I recall to not be WGTC-level trash, but I do feel like he’s at least gotten pretty gullible with the sources he’ll listen to.

Oskarr likes this.
  12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Hopefully Marvel/Sony announce the cast soon, along with the title, to put “leaks” to rest.

13. justin. Nov 25, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 25, 2020)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Edit for a more accurate source.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

So they're definitely doing a Multiverse version of the Sinister Six, yeah?

15. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I guess casting to remind people of better movies is a choice

16. RyanPm40

I'm still not willing to prematurely think this will be a bad movie, but I wouldn't be totally surprised either

I'm excited

17. Tim

Even if it is multiverse-related (which I’m still skeptical of & opposed to, though at this point I wouldn’t be that surprised: they’re clearly dedicated to making bad MCU Spidey choices)...

He wouldn’t really be playing the Raimi Doc Ock ‘cause he died.

And, it’s not like the Jameson in the FFH credits scene was assumed to be a multiversal Jameson when it came out.

If this does happen. Then, on the one hand, I have trouble picturing a better Doc Ock than Alfred Molina’s, so why not? But, on the other hand, a lot of what made his Otto so good wouldn’t necessarily be in this movie. So I dunno.

Oskarr, RyanPm40 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Molina returning as Doc Ock would be nice. Tom Holland’s Spider-Man is going to end up meeting everyone at this point. Time to bring back That ‘70s Venom

19. Tim

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If I had a dollar for every rumor and theory I’ve seen for this film I’d have enough money to make my own $200 million spider-man film.

Orla, Oskarr, Tim and 2 others like this.
  22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It’s a wild concept for people to theorize about movies they’re looking forward to.

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Spider-Man Multiverse Teaser With Andrew Garfield & Tobey Maguire Released By Sony.. But Is It Real?

The YouTube channel Sony Channel Latinoamérica recently released a video teasing the inclusion of both Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield's Peter Parkers in Tom Holland's Spider-Man 3.

When translated, the video features text graphics that read as follows:

"Who is your favorite Spider-Man? You don't have to choose. In the Marvel Multiverse, anything can happen. And in Spider-Man 3, it is very possible you will see everyone. Yes! The three Peter Parkers saving the world together."

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Re: Molina, I think since we know that JK Simmons is playing MCU JJJ that we can also assume that Molina would be playing an MCU version of Otto Octavius if it's true. Same for Foxx as Electro.

smowashere and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.