Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Jon Watts, July 2, 2019) Movie • Page 58

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Because we haven't talked about this enough, lol.

Russo Brothers React to Spider-Man Leaving MCU: ‘Not So Surprised or Devastated’ – IndieWire

“We were extremely passionate about it. This is something we really wanted to happen, and fought a long time internally at Marvel to make it happen,” Anthony said of bringing Holland’s Spider-Man into the fold.

“It wasn’t easy,” Joe added. “Kevin [Feige] went through a lot. There were a lot of ups and downs, and he kept walking into our office and we’d go, ‘Look, we’ve got to do it with [Sony],’ and he’d go, ‘OK, I’ll figure it out,’ and walk back into his. He was looking for the way out. He wanted to open that door and have us go, ‘We figured it out! We don’t need Spider-Man!’ because it’s a lot of work to get two major corporations to play nice with each other, and the fact that it happened at all, we should all be dancing and celebrating that we got that little bit of time.”

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

looks like there is an HD quality version of this floating around. Excited to watch.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I still can't get over the time I saw this when the person next to me (a large person in a tie-dye shirt) felt the need to lean over to me 40 minutes into the movie and whisper "I'll be right back" and then never leave their seat. Like to this day, I still don't know they meant.

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Maybe he was astral projecting?

5. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I needed a good laugh this morning and this was it. Now I have to do this to someone.

I Am Mick and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this movie was basically what I expected. Felt pretty middle of the road. The Mysterio turn felt too much like the Mandarin for me to really care.

8. RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I only know Madame Web from the 90s cartoon but that excites me

Greg, smowashere and DrAlanGrant like this.
  10. Tim

Madame Web isn't really a character who makes sense as the title character of a film. She's a cool character, & I wouldn't mind seeing Sony tap into the mystical side of the Spider-Verse, but it'd make a lot more sense to make a film around, say, Mattie Franklin or Cindy Moon, or even Peter himself, & then throw Madame Web and/or Ezekiel into that mix.

That being said, as much as people rag on Sony for all these weird ideas (like when some leaked email mention of Aunt May got blown out of proportion by trash blogs), I do like that they're still exploring different ways to utilize their Marvel film rights. Most comic book ideas across various studios don't end up happening, but different pieces do sometimes end up being spun into new directions.

Keep throwing different writers at Kraven, Black Cat, Silk, Nightwatch, Silver Sable, the Sinister Six, Jackpot, Norman Osborn, the Slingers, Spider-Girl, Scarlet Spider, Man-Wolf, Scream, Doctor Octopus, Prowler, J Jonah Jameson, MJ, Boomerang, Cardiac, Doppelganger, the Rumor, Jean DeWolff, Ben Urich, Horizon Labs, whatever! Let's get nuts, lol, & see what... *ahem* sticks.

Wharf Rat, RyanPm40 and smowashere like this.
  11. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Gonna finally find Mary Jane in 19th century London!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don't mind expanding the Spidey universe. What I do mind is that Sony is getting the terrible writers of Gods of Egypt, Dracula Untold, and The Last Witch Hunter.

13. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

14. flask

Trusted Supporter

Marvel gets all the merchandising money? That seems like the best deal already.

15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Woww haha that was unexpected

16. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Least surprising news ever.

brentkid likes this.
  17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yesssssss. Spider-Man is back home again!

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Insiders were saying this a week ago but people continued to dismiss it.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Spider-Man 3 and Thor: Love and Thunder all in 2021. That is an incredibly stacked release schedule.

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

PauLo and Matt Chylak like this.
  20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

“so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold”

MCU spider-verse please

RyanPm40 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  21. Tim

Boo.

Can't wait for J Jonah Jameson to reveal that he hates Spider-Man 'cause, like, Tony Stark screwed him over or something. Also can't wait for dorks to praise the great Disney overlords for not relenting.

At least it's a less awful deal (25% instead of 50%).

22. Tim

“I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it,” Feige said in a statement. “Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

^ This is the most interesting & promising part of all this nonsense.

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m assuming Tom Holland will still show up in Venom 2

RyanPm40 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ya it definitely sounds like the Sony Universe will exist as like a spin-off of the MCU. What I'm curious of is if those characters ever show up in the MCU.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Keep bringing on the good films, great news

GrantCloud and Kingjohn_654 like this.