Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Jon Watts, July 2, 2019) Movie • Page 55

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 1, 2018.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Sony saying Feige is too busy when he just produced 23 films of the biggest film franchise of all time in 11 years. Lol good one

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. I saw a Reddit comment that pointed out 50% of Far From Home’s gross is less than 100% of ASM2’s gross, so Sony made the right call in walking away. I assume the calculus is more complicated than that, but it makes sense that Sony would walk away if their huge commercial disappointment’s gross would still net them more than the offer Disney put up.

TEGCRocco and Tim like this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

It's literally my favorite live action comic book film, lol. Such a well written, well paced, character driven genre film. But guess its tone isn't for everyone.

ECV, RyanPm40 and DrAlanGrant like this.
  4. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Hey I’m always down for a rewatch! I’m not sure I’ve seen it since theaters - so I’ll try and catch it soon.

I was pleasantly surprised with my rewatch of ASM2 last week. Enjoyed so much of it. The one thing I’ll never understand is where they thought they were going with that super goofy planes-almost-crashing scene haha

Tim likes this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

do it coward

6. Tim

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the main issue is Disney not being cool with their very important employee putting work into films that they're not seeing returns for, especially w/ their expansion into Disney+ stuff. (Which, obligatory reminder that Disney's expansion is actively bad for the industry.)

justin., awakeohsleeper and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Yeah, so if this is legit, Disney purchasing Fox is partially to blame for this.

8. Tim

A little bit, but honestly, mostly Disney+. All those shows are under Kevin Feige, not Jeph Loeb, so his workload has basically doubled.

This reminds me of when Joss Whedon was hired to create Agents of SHIELD, & then told he couldn't focus any energy towards that after being hired for Ultron.

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It may not mean anything, but apparently Tom unfollowed almost everything Sony related on Instagram.

10. drewinseries

Drew

I doubt it will mean anything in how things play out, but I'm sure its relative to his feelings towards it.

11. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Henry likes this.
  12. Tim

If Tom is mad (which wouldn't surprise me), w/ how bad he is at watching his mouth, that could lead to some Bautista style bad PR. Though, in spite of this being Disney's fault like that was, this will of course instead feed into the Sony pile on. If I were Sony, I'd make putting that potential fire out a top priority.

Granted, I'm still thinking he's signed on for one more Spider-Man film either way. And, if he makes another film w/ Jon, Zendaya, & Jacob, & it's just as fun, & he has a nice contract & the prospect of meeting Tom Hardy's Venom in front of him... I'm sure he'll play ball.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. But someone needs to tell him to use a hyphen.

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 10.46.04 AM.png

RyanPm40, Greg and Tim like this.
  14. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. And, he's still following multiple Sony Pictures accounts on Twitter.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

RyanPm40, Joe4th, justin. and 3 others like this.
  17. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

It's the British spelling

19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Hey Jeremy Renner - Stan Lee is dead. But anyways, he still appeared in Sony's "Spider-Man" movies when he was alive, so it's weird to rope him into this anyway.

21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

y'all gotta quit cucking me with these fake screenshots. check your sources, please!

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This shit is fucking ridiculous. They’re just trying to stir up Marvel fanboys to put pressure on Sony. It’s Disney being greedy that’s the problem.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

24. Tim