Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Jon Watts, July 2, 2019) Movie • Page 51

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 1, 2018.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Looks like the Venom / Spidey team-up is v likely

Tim and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

why be sad about mcu when you can remember the spider-verse exists and rules and we still get that

Jake W and Zilla like this.
  3. mostly because I know what Sony has historically done with the franchise when left to their own devices (Spider-Verse being the exception) and I am nervous because I love Holland's version of the character so much

4. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Yeah more so I don’t expect Sony to not fuck up the movie in their own.

TylerDrumming and Anna Acosta like this.
  5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

oh yeah I’m the same. Holland is my favorite Spider-Man love action so I’m scared for how they’ll handle him.

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Do we even know for sure that Tom will stay in it though? Isn’t his contract up? If I’m him I’m playing hardball with Sony cus I want to stay in the MCU. Though I suppose playing Spiderman on your own is better than not playing him at all.

I just hope they don’t do anything to like directly conflict with the MCU. I’m fine with Spidey doing his own thing as long as I can believe he still exists in the same universe. If that makes sense

TylerDrumming and Anna Acosta like this.
  7. The IGN article I read indicated he was still on board along with the Far From Home director but I haven't cross checked that source

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  8. They’ve put themselves in the unenviable position of making a movie as (meh) or good as the last two and it facing the “welp it sucks now” chants from minds already pre-made up.

Good luck with that.

9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Feel like Disney is being dumb here? Maybe I’m wrong or misunderstanding.

Tim, Zilla and Jason Tate like this.
  10. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The best Spider-Man stories really don't have much of anything to do with the larger Marvel universe. In fact, arguably his worst story is a direct result of being involved with other heroes (One More Day). As long as the same love and care that was given to Spider-Verse is given to whatever Sony does with the character going forward, they can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned.

11. mattfreaksmeout Aug 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 20, 2019)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Honestly though f Disney on this you’re raking in literally billions upon billions of dollars from the MCU, can you not just like let this one slide for the fans’ sake? How much more do you really need.

justin. and jkauf like this.
  12. Asking for 50:50 was always gonna get turned down.

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It sounds like they're drunk with power and just want another billion-dollar revenue stream. You can make the argument that Feige gave them the most profitable two "Spider-Man" movies and maybe that's the reason. But "Venom" making a ton of money probably gave Sony the confidence to tell Disney to go away and they'll do fine on their own.

14. (Also Disney's fault.)

thenewmatthewperry and Tim like this.
  15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

If the news about them melting down 20th Century Fox for reboots and remakes is to be believed, they'll never have enough money and everything is expendable if it doesn't maximize profits.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Disney is going to make the money where it matters. Licensing and toys are going to net them the real profit.

17. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Just make the spider-verse sequel. Thats all we want.

18. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

So Sony wanted to continue the deal as it was but Disney asked for a huge cut? Yeah, Sony isn't the bad guy here

19. I don't care who the bad guy is here, I just want the next movie to be as good as the last two have been

(and for the spider-verse sequel)

20. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Disney had to ask for 50/50 - they are hurting financially since Dumbo under-performed and are at risk of going under.

21. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I think this has a bigger impact on both sides than people here are saying.

That being said I would be shocked if they don’t come to an agreement in the near future.

Brother Beck and Anna Acosta like this.
  22. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I agree that I think this is a bigger impact for both sides than people seem to be saying.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Anna Acosta like this.
  23. Thus... my fear. I love this iteration of Spidey so much. :uhoh:

In my work as a publicist, I've often had clients who I got so much coverage for that they fired me, having convinced themselves the coverage was a result of their inherent awesomeness, instead of my hard work. (Oddly enough, this never proved to be true.)

While a heavily flawed metaphor, my concern is that this might be one of those scenarios based on nothing but years of having watched Sony's Spidey films.

And it's obv a huge blow for Marvel, since they were framing Peter as Stark 2.0. Dunno what their crossover plan was going to be, but it's clear there was going to eventually be one.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

TylerDrumming and Brother Beck like this.
  24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

there goes me caring about any remaining MCU characters

i guess t'challa is it

25. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Venom and Spider-Verse are better than either MCU spidey movie. Marvel nailed the casting but I watched Venom for the first time recently and while I wouldn’t call it great, I at least had no idea what to expect from it the more it went on, which was refreshing contrasted with the MCU. My bigger issue is I don’t like the creative team behind the Tom Holland movies so if they keep that, I’m still lukewarm in any potential.

Tom Hardy and Holland have great physical contrast though and I’d really enjoy watching them interact.