Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Jon Watts, July 2, 2019) Movie • Page 50

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 1, 2018.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

thank you rightfully turning this into a Miles thread

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I can’t believe they made that for $90M...

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Because it’s animated. It being the highest-grossing animated film is a testament that animated superhero films do not have a good track record.

The sequel could make some bank thanks to this film proving that animated superhero films can be good to the general audience. Miles being more established can’t hurt either.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Finally saw this today. It didn’t click with me the way every single other MCU film did, even the universally poorly rated ones. It was really enjoyable though.

I wonder if I wasn’t so high on it because I didn’t see it on release day and my own hype had died down. Makes me wonder which other ones I loved at the time really weren’t that good.

What’s funny is I know there has been a lot of spoiler discussion across several threads I follow this week and I had read spoilers for this movie before it even came out. And even though what was said is exactly what happened, it was still different. I thought the identity reveal was bad when I read it but seeing it I actually thought it was pretty cool and can lead to some interesting directions. And the skrull thing I thought would be more serious but it was kind of a throwaway thing.

I really did enjoy peters first fight with mysterio though. That was awesome and felt different than anything else we have seen in the MCU. Tom Holland and Zendaya were so good in this, and I was one that didn’t really care for Zendaya before. (Not because of a “she’s not my MJ” thing but I just didn’t think she was anything special in the first one). I stand corrected.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

... I just realized I forgot to see this... that's never happened to me before lol

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

This box art is atrocious

C9D5CC7E-4C53-4678-864F-34B92AB0DD86.jpeg

Kuri44 and thedrudo like this.
  7. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

At least Homecoming had one or two kind of decent posters with him just kind of chilling in that yellow jacket. Has there been any good art for this one?

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

lol wow that art sucks

9. Oh that’s a big yikes.

10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Woof

11. Lenin

Regular

Surely that box art must be some kind of joke?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Awful.

13. Idk if it's recency bias, but all the marketing/promo art for this movie seemed particularly bad compared to other MCU movies.

14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Is that seriously not photoshopped/fake? Look how bad that cutout is around Jake's head lmao

15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

MCU Spidey has consistently produced uniquely awful marketing designs that I just can't wrap my mind around.

Though, the actual films are pretty meh, so I guess it fits. I'd be annoyed if these films somehow ended up w/ like Marcos Martin illustrations or something.

awakeohsleeper and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

17. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Currently watching TASM 2. Completely forgot Felicity Jones was in this. This cast really is stacked. It’s a shame it didn’t work out

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  18. Lenin

Regular

It’s the best Spider-Man movie

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I mean I can see Sony’s thinking. Rely on Marvel Studios and Feige to amp up the characters popularity and then they can push out more movies with Holland and bet on the fact that 90% of the movie going audience is not going to realize it’s no longer connected to the MCU.

STILL DUMB.

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think this is probably the easiest point for the two sides to make a clean break. The MCU is entering a new phase and Peter no longer has to rely on Tony and hopefully become his own person.

Tim likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah I don't see how this affects anything, we still get Tom Holland movies and we're not getting more Avengers

23. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Does Holland get to keep the role? If so, I'm actually fine with this.

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Great news

Tim likes this.