Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (Jon Watts, July 2, 2019) Movie • Page 49

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Aug 1, 2018.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I saw this movie last week and it was okay but I just love Jake Gyllenhaal so put him in everything please.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

thinking back to the post-credits prison scene from homecoming, wonder if they mean for the identity reveal to set up vulture and that guy he sees in prison becoming the antagonists for next film.

3. drewinseries

Drew

Happy saying Tony was a mess was a nice touch to the was he a hero aspect.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i was actually super happy (no pun) that happy was featured so much in this

Oskarr, disambigujason and justin. like this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Ok maybe pun

Oskarr likes this.
  6. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

The guy in prison is Scorpion.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I like seeing Happy on screen. He seems to genuinely care about the people he is involved with whether it be Pepper, Tony or Peter and is overall a wholesome character.

Oskarr and disambigujason like this.
  8. Zach

Trusted Supporter

This was fun. Definitely interested in how Peter reacts to the identity reveal/what was in the video itself

9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Finally caught this last night and whilst this iteration of Spider-Man definitely has numerous flaws which are annoying throughout, I cannot deny that I had such a fun time watching it. Particularly enjoyed watching the kids be kids and as everyone has said, Zendaya is phenomenal. Their chemistry is great.

There's just so many infuriating decisions though and I really wish this moved away from Iron Man/Tony quicker. It's a shame that this version of Spider-Man suffers so much from being part of the MCU in the solo films.

The funny thing is that my wife said this was her favourite MCU film so far which I found to be really interesting. She was cracking up throughout. Loved the Ned/Betty romance, finding it hilarious. In some ways she has become the target market. She had very little interest in superhero movies before she met me, I've gradually introduced her to the MCU until the point where she loved and understood Infinity War & Endgame, so naturally this film would make more sense to her, whereas for me it just feels a bit off (admittedly, my main childhood connection with and understanding of Peter Parker comes from the 90s cartoons rather than the comics).

I was surprised by the reveal in the mid-credit scene. Feels a film too early for that as we have barely seen him interact with New York. But oh well.

The post-credits scene I took it just to be Fury having a fun break after Infinity War/Endgame but it seems some are assuming he's been away for longer? I felt like he was overly harsh on Peter throughout the film.

Oskarr likes this.
  10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

bad

12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

fuck it make spiderman one too

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

3353B67B-F12B-4C18-B141-4EFCEF4563D1.jpeg

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

It's criminal that Spider-Verse is the worst selling Spider-Man film and I don't understand how that's even possible

18. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

because this

19. sawhney[rusted]2

That should be a legit crime. We don’t deserve ITS

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

crazy that the best spiderman movie ever made is somehow the lowest grossing

RyanPm40 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It’s because it’s animated and it released near Aquaman and Bumblebee.

Far From Home is one of my favorite Spidey movies so I’m glad the character finally joined the billion club.

Christian Romero likes this.
  22. Using any metric for movies that time itself changes due to inflation seems flawed.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. sawhney[rusted]2

That just confirms Spiderverse did even worse than we thought!

24. I didn’t know Spiderverse didn’t make a lot of money and now I’m sad :verysad: